You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto Expand Strokes Option

It would be great to have an option down on the context sensitive bar to automatically expand a stroke after drawing a stroke with the pencil tool. In the Adobe Stock/Shutterstock world, you can't have strokes on your vectors, all strokes must be expanded before you can upload an image, so my workflow includes me pressing Expand Stroke after every line i draw. On the desktop i just set expand to a single keypress so it's quick and easy, but on ipad it involves 2 extra pencil taps to the menu then the option. It's mildly inconvenient. 

It would be great to either add an expand button to the context bar of node, pen and pencil tools OR just have an option to turn on auto-expand which would just expand after the line is drawn. This could replace the need for a blob brush if you combined an auto-expand option with a sclupt mode. One less tool, same functionality.

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

Yeah, i kinda felt the same way about blob when i started a thread on it a while back. I figured to keep the toolset tight, it could be combo add/erase kind of tool, but have since thought it may integrate better into the pencil/pen tools as a setting that can be turned on and off. Eraser may be better on it's own since it's a function that cant really be replicated by any other tool.

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery