You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.192

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8 / Win 10 

Hi, Affinity Publisher build 192 is now available on auto-update and as a manual download from the link above.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Updates and Fixes

General Menus / Studio
(Mac) Fixed Mojave rendering issue when editing certain context toolbar controls
(Mac) Fixed issue changing unit spinners on docked panels
(Mac) Changing the UI gamma now works in Mojave
(Mac) General fix for tabbing within UI tables on panels
(Mac) Disabled mouse wheel (but not trackpad) scrolling for certain panels due to conflict with mouse wheel behaviour on individual controls
(Mac) Fixed Guides Manager not populating with the current document's guides when first shown
(Mac) Fixed Effects Panel not changing background when scheme changes in Mojave
(Win) Fix for Colour Panel's colour picker being offset from cursor position
(Win) Fix for modifier keys not being shown in tooltip for tool shortcuts on Preferences dialog
Updated some shortcut keys

New / Open / Save
Fixed 'Actual Size' zoom dropdown on Document Setup dialog
Fixed overflow issue loading huge JPEG files
Fix for fonts being replaced on PDF Import when not requested
(Win) Fix for app locking up after exporting to external drive if drive removed

Main View
Fix for 'Show Grid' etc UI occasionally becoming out of sync with the setting in force in the view
(Mac) Fix for possible view tiles not drawing on switching documents

Pages
Fixed column guides not being assigned from master page when adding a page
Added an option to auto-scroll the Pages Panel with the main document view
Fixed issues with master page renaming
(Win) Pages tab now auto-scrolls on drag reorder
(Mac) Fixed issues entering a section name for the first document section

Picture Frames
(Mac) Fixed images dragged in from Finder not honouring placement policy
Fix for place panel not reappearing after changing tool then undoing
Double Clicking on a Picture Frame now reselects tool
Fixed Lock Children not functioning for Picture Frames
Fixed Picture Frames and multiple children being marked as content
Fixed Picture Frame furniture displaying in Preview Mode

Text
Fixed some story key bindings, (Cmd+) Home / End,  Cmd+ Up / Down
(Mac) Fix for pasting from Excel into multiple table cells
Letter spacing now applies to spaces as well as other characters
Fix for letter and word space maximums not being honoured for 'Justify All'
- Note there is still a UI bug here on Windows
Fix for Greek uppercase and tonos
(Mac) Fix for Text Frame panel / Balance text columns not updating
Fix for possible text disappearing into overflow when 'Balance Columns' is used
(Mac) Fixed pasting characters into Bullet Text not being committed
(Win) Fix for rendering of certain bullet glyphs in Bullet Text field
(Mac) Fixed Draw highlight for Special Characters in Bullet Text field
Reverted width of Thin Space to be more standard
Fixed 'Show Special Characters' for hair space and medium mathematical space
Fixed Find and Replace character style does not correctly apply when also replacing text
Fixed Find and Replace All crash
Fixed Find and Replace on master page crashing after undo / redo
Fixed Find in Glyph Browser when Glyphs or Alternates were shown
Fixed Glyph Browser lock icon to more accurately reflect the state of the Panel

Adjustments / Effects
(Win) Upgraded to new shadows and highlights filter
(Mac) Fixed HSL Control crash / redraw on non-retina displays

Export / Printing
Fix for masks in embedded documents not being exported to vector formats / PDF
Fix for incorrect colours in bleed area when exported to Vector / PDF
Fixed issue with dashed / dotted lines showing hairlines on PDF export
(Win) Fix for curves printing incorrectly
Fix for potential issue when generating palletised PNGs for use in PDF Export
Fix for crop marks missing for N-Up Printing
(Win) Fix for potential crash when crop marks would be displayed outside of the print preview control's area
(Win) Fix for PDF failing to export when 'Preview export' is selected
Fix for 'Preflight check' warning about overflow in hidden text

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 174

Hello @AdamW,
no problems during download and installation.
Very good that the version number was inserted in the file name, thumbs up.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Hi,

Installing on an older machine ran without any problems. More test during the weekend.

Good job dev team!!!!!! :27_sunglasses:

Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6.5.123, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.162

Packard Bell EasyNote TK85, Intel i3, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6370M, Windows 10 Home 1809

Hello there,

I installed the beta 1.7.0.174 just yesterday (Win 10 Pro). Today I wanted to give Publisher a try and immediately got the prompt for the 1.7.0.192 update. Of course I downloaded it --> sadly, the installation failed and now I can't open Publisher anymore. The desktop shortcut points to nowhere and I can't even access the folder in explorer anymore (access denied; 0 byte in size). Any ideas what to do? Thanks in advance - and keep up the good work, guys! :)

Best, Chris

• Staff

@keplers_dog

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

i suggest that you restart the machine and try the new installer again

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

12 hours ago, keplers_dog said:

Hello there,

I installed the beta 1.7.0.174 just yesterday (Win 10 Pro). Today I wanted to give Publisher a try and immediately got the prompt for the 1.7.0.192 update. Of course I downloaded it --> sadly, the installation failed and now I can't open Publisher anymore. The desktop shortcut points to nowhere and I can't even access the folder in explorer anymore (access denied; 0 byte in size). Any ideas what to do? Thanks in advance - and keep up the good work, guys! :)

Best, Chris

This has been a problem for some with all the betas so far.  As Patrick said, restart Windows and it should complete the installation.

(05mar2020) Ryzen 1800x, Gigabyte AX370 K7, Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 442.50 (01mar20), LG Ultra HD (2), Win 10 Pro x64 18363.657, Affinity Photo/Designer 1.8.1.604 beta & Publisher 1.8.2.603 beta

Hi there,

yesterday I tried to update my well running .162-version to the recent .172-version. Unfortunately, since that, the software does not run anymore.

When trying to start the software via desktop icon or .afpub-file, the new (rectangle) loading banner appears. That continues to "Loading fonts ...". Then the loading banner disappears and nothing more happens.

My machine is a Windows 10 Pro with 64-bit.

After I recognized and checked that nothing worked, I deinstalled the software and tried to install the older .162-version. Installed successfully. I clicked on the icon, the old round loading banner appeared, BUT now, after "Loading fonts ..." it also did not run anymore.

I deleted all the temporary system files on the system, but without any success. I suppose, that the software is doing some changes in the deeper registry, so that there will stay some file traces at the system.

Finally, I can not work with my machine with Affinity Publisher in any version. Despite all warnings, there is some important productive stuff, I cannot work with today. But this is MY problem.

After all: I would be REALLY glad, if you could fix this bug. Best wishes.

Since the last update (1.7.0.192), the software stop his starting process at loading the fonts and than, it shut down. I use the software under Windows 10 October update. It's the same problem as Kl-ing.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:09 AM, kl-ing. said:

Hi there,

yesterday I tried to update my well running .162-version to the recent .172-version. Unfortunately, since that, the software does not run anymore.

When trying to start the software via desktop icon or .afpub-file, the new (rectangle) loading banner appears. That continues to "Loading fonts ...". Then the loading banner disappears and nothing more happens.

My machine is a Windows 10 Pro with 64-bit.

After I recognized and checked that nothing worked, I deinstalled the software and tried to install the older .162-version. Installed successfully. I clicked on the icon, the old round loading banner appeared, BUT now, after "Loading fonts ..." it also did not run anymore.

I deleted all the temporary system files on the system, but without any success. I suppose, that the software is doing some changes in the deeper registry, so that there will stay some file traces at the system.

Finally, I can not work with my machine with Affinity Publisher in any version. Despite all warnings, there is some important productive stuff, I cannot work with today. But this is MY problem.

After all: I would be REALLY glad, if you could fix this bug. Best wishes.