You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.192

Just updated to this beta and a document which I'd been working on in the previous beta crashes the entire application as soon as it loads. The document in question is 54Mb in size. 

The crash report starts like this, I could probably attach a whole crash log if that would be useful. Alternatively I could send you the document (I'd rather not post the document in a public forum).

Process:               Affinity Publisher Beta [24438]
Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Publisher Beta.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Publisher Beta
Identifier:            com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher.beta
Version:               1.7.0 (1.7.0.192)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Affinity Publisher Beta [24438]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2018-12-10 20:33:39.336 +0000
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.1 (18B75)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     3.1 (16P1065)
Anonymous UUID:        50C13EB4-078E-D6AE-5478-2472589AD615

Sleep/Wake UUID:       C28DE6B2-6D7D-4467-A45E-73470234EB5B

Time Awake Since Boot: 790000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       2400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        1  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Out of desperation, I am force to post the following comment here... so, please, let me vent:

Please, bring back the previous/original logo for Affinity Publisher... this new Publisher application logo is boring, ugly, and discouraging... please keep all the Affinity application logos as were originally design... they are awesomely beautiful... why?  Why?  Why?  I don't get it...? These new Affinity line of software gives the appeal of sophistication and beauty, intuitive and yet powerful... why ruin the image of such great software?????

Please explain.

7 hours ago, frankwolfraum said:

Can't start Affinity Publisher Beta anymore. I never had a problem with the previous versions. But neither a restart nor a reinstallation solves the trouble. Here are the screenshots that I could make. Anybody else with the same problem?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-11 um 11.08.59.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-11 um 11.10.13.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-11 um 11.10.26.png

If you glance two posts higher up it appears you are facing a very similar problem as me! 

Exc_bad_access

I do hope there is a solution!