You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi. Is there any chance someone can let us know the best way to export from pageplus (pdf) to make it most compatible with an import into publisher? I have tried but the cmyk colours have been mixed up and it made the document unusable (from a 120 page document with only two cmyk colours, it created a publisher file with pages of text of slightly different colours in both rgb and cmyk)

As a company we have used Pageplus since PagePlus 8 PDF [ many many years.... ]

At any one time we may have as many as 10 people using the software, daily. This adds up to a large volume of documents and designs.
Thus we have SO many Pageplus files, many which can be left behind, but MANY which we need to remain accessible.

Is there any development planned for a file convertor? Is this a possibility in future?

I have no understanding of the difficulty of this request, but I know that this would help many faithful and loyal Serif Pageplus users that want to make the transition to Affinity Publisher.

2 hours ago, Grayhem said:

Thus we have SO many Pageplus files, many which can be left behind, but MANY which we need to remain accessible.

Hello @Grayhem,

as long as PagePlus8 is working you are on the save side because you can access your 'old' files with full editability.

For long term support you could think of using a virtual machine (= virtual computer) that hosts e.g. Windows 10 and has PagePlus8 on it. Then you could migrate this virtual machine to new computers that you will buy in the future. This could work until you can fully switch to Affinity Publisher.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thank you for the comments and it would seem that I am not alone in this matter. Many of my PagePlus files are long documents and importing PDFs into Affinity Publisher is not a practical option.

My work around will be to keep PagPlus/Photoplus on the Windows machines and run AP on the Mac machines (not the ideal situation). Hopefully at some time in the future, this problem may be reviewed.

10 minutes ago, john Rigg said:

Many of my PagePlus files are long documents and importing PDFs into Affinity Publisher is not a practical option.

For those who have long, text-heavy documents it would be enormously helpful if Affinity Publisher could import native WritePlus (*.stt) files. I hope Serif haven’t ruled out the possibility of adding such a facility. 

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)