You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop tool

I don't know if this is a bug or not but when you select the Crop Tool, the pasteboard background becomes transparent and it looses the edges of the document.

I've attached a couple of screen grabs from the App Store version and the new Beta (103).

The files both had a transparent background as I was cutting out the image.

App Store version.png

Beta 103 Crop tool selected.png

Beta 103 Before selecting crop tool.png

• Staff

Hey StevieB,

We've changed the Crop Tool so that it adds the transparent background to indicate that if you extended the crop past the image boundaries you know you would be getting empty space around the outside.

If you're using a transparent document it looks like you could get a little bit lost as to where the original image boundary starts—especially if you don't have rulers enabled

Thanks for clearing that up!

Could be useful when you want to extend the document size, at least you know the extended bit will have a transparent background.

Just did this test to extend the document area by 500px to the left: see screenshots.

1- Added a vertical guide at -500px

2- Crop to that guide

3- Guide now at 0px, document 6500px wide.

Works well, but you have to add the guides by using the Guide Manager.

The crop too does snap to the document bounds so you shouldn't lose where the document bounds are, but you have to have snapping enabled!

1-Add Vertical guide at -500px.png

2-Extend crop to that guide.png

3-Crop to that guide, now at 0px.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.