You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does your Ap crash very often? What's a lot -- what's just editing programs being editing programs? We do expect a lot of, and from them!!

The reason for asking is I have been having  dramas over the past few days but cannot come up with the why; or what I was doing just before. Motion blur could have something to do with it but not every time . Would have had over 1/2 dozen crashes yesterday/today -- done the turn off on thing a couple of times .
Usually I would call Ap stable or at least stable enough

Cheers

11 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @ianrb,

Did you notice any patterns? Any steps to replicate the crash?  

No patterns or similar work  that I have noticed Gabe -- that's why I have not thought it worthwhile sending in a crash reports .
Hopefully others will add to this thread and then picture might develop ---- picture might develop :D:1_grinning:
There have been times I have clicked "save" just before the crash; however I feel I was saving because the Ap wasn't working as normal 

• Staff

Have you tried resetting the app? 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

If you run Antivirus software (AV) try adding Affinity to the exclusion section. Some AV can interfere with apps processes, whether they are meant to or not.

If you use windows try running a defrag after clearing out temp files and junk. Stop a lot of these apps that just sit there waiting for you to trigger them, they use memory resources for no good reason. Check how much HDD space you have. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, firstdefence said:

If you run Antivirus software (AV) try adding Affinity to the exclusion section. Some AV can interfere with apps processes, whether they are meant to or not.

What do you think, what antivirus is preferable to use for these tasks? I did not find the exception function in the McAfee

5 hours ago, Nekatos said:

What do you think, what antivirus is preferable to use for these tasks? I did not find the exception function in the McAfee

Depends on the version of McAfee you use.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions