You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inverting an adjustment layer

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Works for me too. As Polygonius said, let's get your specs and we can go from there.

I erroneously had a selection on the whole canvas that prevented this. Which I guess if the selection marching ants would've been more visible I would've troubleshooted this to find this was the issue. The marching ants are a bit faint.

• Staff
35 minutes ago, evtonic3 said:

I erroneously had a selection on the whole canvas that prevented this. Which I guess if the selection marching ants would've been more visible I would've troubleshooted this to find this was the issue. The marching ants are a bit faint.

A 1 px selection is invisible and can cause all sorts of bother. I've seen many people tripped up by this. I think part of the issue is that documents can be saved with an active selection and switching between personas can retain the selection, so it's not even a case of closing down the app can work around it (because you're going to save your work first) .

Sorry you've had to figure this one out by yourself but I'm pleased you solved it. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.