You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong margin labels in 'Add Master' dialog

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.174 on a German Windows 7 (64bit) behaves as follows:

1. After creating a new document with single pages and checking its page margins with the Spread Setup, the corresponding fields are labeled Left margin and Right margin, which is logical. This is also the case when checking the margins of the first master page. Fine. Additionally, it is only possible to add masters with a single page. Fine.
  2. The behaviour stays logical when creating a new document with facing pages: The spread setup for the first document page and the first (facing) master both show the labes Inner margin and Outer margin. Fine.
  3. It gets stranger when adding masters into the facing-page document: Here, adding a single and a facing master can be selected, and whatever is selected, the corresponding labels show Inner margin and Outer margin. I would have thought that adding a single master would mean left and right margins, but this isn't shown...
  4. It gets even more strange when now changing the facing-page document into a single-page document with the Document Setup: After doing this, the Spread Setup of both normal and master pages show left margin and right margin (fine), but the Add Master dialog still shows Inner margin and Outer margin, even though it correctly forbids the choice between single or facing pages.
  5. Let's try the other way around: Create a single-page document and later convert it to facing pages. Now, the Add Master dialog only shows the labels Left margin and Right margin, independent of the selected choice for single or facing.
  6. It seems that the results of all the above operations, meaning the final look of the applied master pages, are what I myself would expect (that's a relief): Left and right margins for single master pages and outer and inner margins for facing master pages. Wonderful.

Therefore, it appears that really only the labeling of the horizontal margin fields in the Add master dialog sometimes is wrong - and at least managed to greatly confuse me for a time...

Andreas Weidner

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.