You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Window Pull

I've attached a video of me doing in Photoshop what I need to accomplish in Affinity Photo for iPad. Basically, I have 2 interior images, both the same shot, taken at different exposures. One shot is exposed for the interior, the other is exposed for the window view. I need the window view from the 2nd image to replace the window in the first image. In Photoshop, I have the 2 images as layers, I have the window view image on top, add a layer mask to it and set the blend mode to Darken. I use paint brush, set to white with 100% opacity and flow, and paint over the window, revealing the window view.  When I follow the same steps in Affinity Photo, I get a much different result that is not pleasing.

In affinity Photo you need to drag the window view pic layer onto the room pic layer. It becomes a child layer. Select the child layer and add an empty mask layer. Make sure the mask layer is a child of the window view. The window view should now disappear. Paint in white on the mask layer to reveal parts of window view.

39CAEC0F-9662-4C76-A3CF-13EF9B386D8E.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 months later...