You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option to select Text Color as Decoration color

I often work on multi-page documents that require text blocks to reverse from black to white depending on the image underneath the text on that particular page. I may also employ subheads that use Paragraph Rules (a line beneath the subhead and the subsequent body copy).

In InDesign, I would set up a Paragraph Style defining the text as Black, and make sure the Paragraph Rule is set to "Text Color". Then on the pages where I need to override that with White, I simply use a Character Style. When the text turns white due to the character style, the paragraph rule updates to white accordingly.

In APub, I see that instead of Paragraph Rules we use Decorations. However there is no way I can see to set the Decoration to inherit the Text Color. This is forcing me to create two sets of Paragraph Styles just to control that single line.

Is there a way to make a check box that tells APub to color the decoration according to the text color?

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 5.35.39 PM.png

• 1 year later...

Yes I was surprised to find this feature missing. I'm creating a document with 10 colour defined sections, and thought I'd have to create 10 styles.

However as a work around I found that you can 'pin' rules as objects to sit inline in the text, then select them and change the colour.

Still I prefer your option if it worked.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.17.36 pm.png

• 8 months later...