You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Downloads of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer have vanished in "my downloads"

• Staff

Hi Pamela027 :)

Could you please confirm, are you using Windows or Mac? Did you purchase the software directly from us, or from the Mac/Windows app store? The more information you provide the easier it is for us to support you!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

12 minutes ago, Pamela027 said:

What I cannot understand is why no one from Affinity seems to care about helping ?

When you posted fourteen hours ago it was around 11 o’clock at night here in the UK. @Dan C from Serif replied approximately three hours ago, which was quite near the beginning of the working day.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Unless I am out-of-date, the downloads from Serif are for the Windows versions only. This might explain your missing files.

For Macs, you need to go to the Apple/MAC store.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that Pamela, however I can't find a purchase under your email address for our software on Mac, indicating you likely purchased the software through the Mac App Store.

On your new Mac, please log in to the App Store and navigate to the 'Purchases' section. Here you should find any purchased versions of Affinity available to download :)

4 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Unless I am out-of-date, the downloads from Serif are for the Windows versions only. This might explain your missing files.

We've recently started selling both Mac and Windows licenses directly through the Affinity Store, so this no longer applies :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff
1 minute ago, Pamela027 said:

In any case, I just want to find where to download the programs again..

Please see my previous response -

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

On your new Mac, please log in to the App Store and navigate to the 'Purchases' section. Here you should find any purchased versions of Affinity available to download

6 hours ago, Pamela027 said:

Well, that is confusing, because I was told about this program on a photoshop group and it was presented as a desktop app for Mac specifically.

That is true, but there is much more to it than that: there are three Affinity Photo apps. One is for Mac; one is for Windows; & there is also a third one for recent model Apple iPads.

The Mac version is sold through Apple's Mac App Store & now also through Serif's Affinity Store. The Windows version is sold through Serif's Affinity Store & also through the Microsoft Windows 10 Store. There are some, mostly minor, differences among them due to licensing & OS differences.

The iPad version is sold only through Apple's iOS App Store & is substantial different from the desktop versions.

So in a sense there are five versions of Affinity Photo. The same is true for Affinity Designer, the other retail Affinity app, & probably will be for the Affinity Publisher app now in beta development, bringing the total to as much as fifteen different versions, or even more if you count the trial versions separately.

What could be confusing about that? :P

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7