You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Couldn't paste text or delete nick from post

I didn't know where to post this issue as it's not about the Affinity software itself, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Earlier today, once I'd added someone's nick to the start of a new post - using the 'at' symbol - I found that I couldn't paste text into the post or delete the nick. I had to submit the post and then add another after it: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/72823-i-would-like-to-know-where-can-i-get-a-newsprint-style-filter/&tab=comments#comment-382498
Could someone have a look and see if it was just me doing something wrong please?

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Hmm... must be something I'm doing wrong then.

Not necessarily, Garry! It might be something your browser is doing wrong. ;)

Just out of interest, how do you complete the nick? I've been clicking on the name in the drop-down. Is this the correct thing to do?

That’s the only way I know. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ah, I think I've figured out what I'm doing.

Workflow:

* Enter At symbol;
* Enter nick;
* Press desired nick on the drop-down;
* Press tab.

Every time I do this I cannot do anything else with the post.

Can you reproduce this? If not, I'll have to try a different browser (Firefox Quantum at the moment).

• Staff

@GarryP I can confirm that this issue is replicable using your workflow provided on Chrome also, so it appears to be an issue with our Forums. I'll inform Invision who power the forums for us, thanks for the report! :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!