You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shadow/lights live filter - lights not working

• Staff

Hey j3rry,

The Shadows / Highlights filter has been rewritten and offers a bigger range now that you can have a negative value. Before it was 0% to 100% but not it's -100% to 100%. I assume the slider position you were previously using will not be the same with the new Shadows / Highlights slider position due to this range increase. 

I was aware of the changes and they are fine in the develop persona but not in the photo persona. Live filter has no or near no effect with the lights slider.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Hi j3rry,

Isn't this because the Develop Persona doesn't have the Highlights Range?If I just change the Highlight Strength in the Photo Persona, you're right—it looks less effective than the Develop Persona Highlights. However, if I increase the Highlights Range to 100% I seem to get the exact same effect in the Photo persona as I do in the Develop Persona.

Hi Chris,

I can also get the same effect with the Live filter after setting the range to 100%, but then using the Adjustment Layer makes it much more worse. 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-26 um 16.19.24.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.