You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text boxes: Background fill colour and stroke colour/width

• 1 month later...

This (text fame fill/stroke) is the main reason I cannot leave AI. Played with the Publisher beta, but forget now if this feature was there. If so, please port to Designer. Please. Hard to understand how such an important feature is missing. Requiring a  rectangle bound to a text frame just to get text frame bkgd stroke/fill seems such a weird decision. However, this has been true for Designer for a long time now. Only hope at this point I think is that they can port some of Publisher's text frame features over. Otherwise Affinity seems to think this is ok, and I have to stick with AI for many things. Alternatively, guess Adobe could have a patent protecting this. If so, would be nice to know this is the reason.