Nyanko

Artefacts on new ipad pro 12.9

Hello. Just got the new ipad pro 12.9 and when I draw with fingers in Affinity Designer, I get some artefacts on the screen, like the line I am drawing breaks and then after one second or so it displays properly again. Never happened to my 10.5.

It behaves like this very often, like every 10 seconds. Annoying, especially when you know the refresh rate is 120hz. 

Hello! I have the same problem on my iPad 12.9. Affinity Photo works fine, but in the Pixel Persona of Affinity Designer the breaks and white spheres occur regularly.  The problem occurs by drawing with fingers and with the apple pen. The other graphic software I use, works fine, so I guess the problem depends not on my iPad. I hope the Affinity Team will fix it soon! That would be fine, it is such a great software!

Hi all. 

We are aware of this and it has already been logged with our developers. 

Basically, when you draw slowly while using pressure, we will map a pressure point on that curve. When you get a weird stroke like that, select the curve with the node tool and have a look in the Pressure graph. You would see the many points it has created. 

Thanks,

Gabe.