You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi debbru,
They don't appear because you are pointing to the incorrect folder. The folder you have picked is for the plugins apps (the plugins running as independent apps). You have to point to the plugins files folder (which contain the .plugin and .config files, not .app files) - that is the files used by the host applications to run the plugins inside them. This folder must be created manually and set correctly during the installation of the Nik Collection. Check this video for instructions (it's for the old Google version but the process is the same for the new version by DxO): Installing Nik Plugins (macOS). Pay attention to the part that starts at 00:29s. Let me know if you still have trouble.

35 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Is that the new Nik collection or the old one? I'm asking because the new(paid for) NIK does not work with Affinity.  

I have just paid for and installed the new Nik plugins. So far, I have only tried Viveza (which has been a bugbear in the past. I opened a portrait jpeg and called up Viveza. It loaded with the correct colours, but in landscape orientation. I closed Viveza (cancel) and rasterized the image before calling Viveza again. This time it displayed perfectly. It also performed all the usual VIveza actions as expected.

I will report on the other plugins when I have explored them.

Note that today (26th) is your last chance to get them at the reduced rate. I paid £30 yesterdsy. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

The Nik Collection by DxO works correctly on the current retail version 1.6.7 on Mac and Windows (apart from a few minor issues). A few plugins don't work with the new Affinity Photo 1.7 Beta on Mac (they work fine on Windows with Affinity Photo 1.7 Beta):

Affected plugins (Photo 1.7 Mac) - they display a red window and an updating fonts message - the only way to get out is to force quit Affinity Photo:
- Color Efex Pro 4
- HDR Efex Pro 2
- Silver Efex Pro 2
- Analog Efex Pro

I too bought the Dx0 Nik Plugins for £30 but I can confirm it doesn't work with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 or the 1.7 Beta.

I ran some tests and this is what I found.

Pictures from my Nikon D7000 all affected - NEF, JPEG. With my Canon S50 - CRW affected but JPEG ok. NOTE - When I magnify view to 100% in Viveza2 colours are ok in main viewer but not in Navigator. This points to image size as my Canon S50 produces smaller JPEG images.

I opened a ticket with DXO but they aren't interested so I'm none the wiser to say if this is a Affinity problem or DXO.

Note: I have the free version of Nik Collection and it's no different to what DXO are selling. So I feel that I just paid for the free version I already had. :57_cry:

I wish someone would own up to whose problem it is to fix the Viveza2 colour issue. I only paid in the hope it was fixed as DXO say it supports Affinity or they may fix it in later releases but my thoughts are that DXO have ported the Nik code into their other products, fixed support for Adobe CC, got Affinity MAC users working and not really interested in anything else. I don't think Nik plugins is on their roadmap and they will not really spend time fixing it.

• Staff

Hi sat312,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Nik Collection by DxO is working fine on Windows, both on the current retail version (which is 1.6.5.135 - please update your version) and in the 1.7 Beta.
The Viveza colours issue is a known issue that wasn't yet addressed by DxO. Please check the third point in DxO release notes here.

If the plugins are not working for you there's probably some issue with the installation or configuration of the plugins. Please check this video tutorial for instruction on how to install them properly: Installing Nik Plugins (Windows). Pay attention to the part that starts at 00:35s where it's explained that you must create a custom folder to install the plugin files used by the host application. This is the folder to where you will have to point Affinity Photo to (not the one that store the applications files that run the plugins as independent applications).

There's no significative changes between the Google and DxO versions as you discovered. As far as I know the intent of this first release was to ensure compatibility with the latest versions of Adobe Software and address a few minor issues.

5 hours ago, sat312 said:

I have the free version of Nik Collection and it's no different to what DXO are selling

Actually, that's not correct!  There has been at least one update to the purchased version of the Nik plug ins since they were originally released in the "new", DXO version.  IOW, the current version is 2 "releases" different to the original Free version.

4 hours ago, sat312 said:

Viveza still shows wrong colours even with the latest DXO and Affinity update

That I do agree with!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

the current retail version (which is 1.6.5.135 - please update your version)

There’s no new functionality in build 135 compared to the older build 123 that @sat312 is using. The only difference is that the latest build includes both the trial version and the retail version so that trial users can switch to the retail version without needing a separate download after purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

10 hours ago, John Rostron said:

It loaded with the correct colours, 

I made this assertion earlier about Viveza. However, on re-examination, the colours were slightly desaturated, but not obviously until I looked closely and compared it with the original.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 9:34 PM, John Rostron said:

I made this assertion earlier about Viveza. However, on re-examination, the colours were slightly desaturated, but not obviously until I looked closely and compared it with the original.

John

I have just tried this again (using the new DxO Viveza 2 and the colours in the plugin screen are perfect. I compared a screengrab of the 100% original with a screengrab of the Viveza  100% preview by stacking them and using the Difference blending mode. They were identical.

John

23 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I have just tried this again (using the new DxO Viveza 2 and the colours in the plugin screen are perfect. I compared a screengrab of the 100% original with a screengrab of the Viveza  100% preview by stacking them and using the Difference blending mode. They were identical.

John

Sorry I don't understand what your saying

7 hours ago, debbru said:

Sorry I don't understand what your saying

Various contributors to this thread have asserted (here and elsewhere) that, although most of the Nik plugins work with Affinity, Viveza has not done so. My message was to say that it  now seems to work properly (although you may need to rasterize the image first). The problems seemed to be that the colours seen in the plugin window were incorrect, although the colours returned after applying the plugin were correct. Not a situation you would want in a plugin that is intended to modify and correct colours. The most up-to-date version of Viveza from DxO seems to have resolved this.

What I did to check this was:

1. Use the Windows Snip tool to make a screen capture (screengrab) of part of an image at 100%. I chose a small enough region to fit into Viveza's window. I saved this as Original.png
  2. I saved this captured image and re-loaded it into Affinity Photo, then called up the Viveza plugin and viewed it at 100%.
  3. I then used the Snip tool again to capture the visible image as it appeared in the Viveza window. I saved this screengrab (as Viveza.png) and closed Viveza with [Cancel]. This left the Original.png unchanged.
  4. I loaded Viveza.png, copied the entire image and pasted it on top of Original.png to form a new layer.
  5. I changed the blending mode of this new layer to Difference. This now shows the difference between the two layers. 
  6. There were some slight registration differences which showed up as ghost outlines, but a few clicks on the up/down/left/right buttons removed these and I was left with a uniformly black image. This indicates that the two images are identical.

I hope that this explains it better.

John

Hi John,

Viewing photos in Viveza at 100% works fine and that is the work-around but if you try scaling down you will find colours fading in main viewer or in the Navigator window.

It's dificult working on an image at 100% especially a landscape shot when you want to see the entire image on screen.

I've tried Viveza plugin from all my editors and it's just launching from Affinity photo that causes this problem.

Even Nikon Viewnx-i and Capture NX-D work as expected. Is this a Affinity issue or DxO?

Also take a look here.

Viveza 2.1.21.12 x64 (v1.2.11) | Affinity Photo 1.5.045
Runs but has issues.

Known issues:
- colours corrupted/shifted in filter's preview (both with 8 and 16bit images) except at 100% zoom. The Navigator panel also displays corrupted/shifted colours.
- images in portrait orientation display in landscape orientation in the filter's preview window. The output is in the correct orientation (portrait).
- no preference to apply the filtered effect to a separate layer

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks MEB and v_kyr.

Unfortunately this doesn't really help the consumer who has bought an official copy of Affinity Photo and DXO Nik Collection to understand who is the owner of the respective fix.

Looking at those links it seems that both Serif and DXO are responsible for the integration of the plugin but the owness is more leaning towards Serif as I can see.

What the consumer would like to hear from Serif and DXO is a statement to say who is working on a fix so they don't invest in other workarounds. That is if one is being looked at.

@MEB, can you state if problem is with Serif or DXO's problem? 

15 minutes ago, debbru said:

Thank your for your help but I can't understand why I'm getting this because I haven't posted any question, can you please Explain why

Probably since another user (sat312) asked in this thread about the behavior of one of the NIK Collection apps, namely Viveza here. As far as you meant that?

Otherwise if you still have problems to integrate the NIK Collection let us know and we will try to help you if we can.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

@debbru

I apologise if my replies have hijacked your thread. It wasn't my attention.

To help with your query if you have applied everything as per the first 5 replies in the chain (i.e. up to @MEB's request for you to change the path) and it's still not working then I would suggest checking the version of Nik Collection you are using as the link in @MEB response below may answer why plugin is not working. DXO claim Affinity incompatibility with Nik Plugins on MacOS has been fixed in DXO Nik Collections v1.1 (Build 1.2.18). This means the paid version. Free Nik Collections may not work on Mac.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi sat312,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The Viveza colours issue is a known issue that wasn't yet addressed/fixed. Please check the third point in DxO release notes here (v1.1, build 1.2.18).