Heya guys! 

I am having a problem where it says that I am “generating export” on the export screen. I tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad but it still there. 

Please help!

PS: Love the app! Carry on the good work!

Hi,

Which app are you using?

What format are you exporting in?

Did you try tapping 'Cancel' during the Export generation.

Note - Depending on file size/complexity and format, file generation may take a while to complete. How long are you waiting?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

20000x20000= 400megapixel That. Is a huge file.

I created a 20,000x20,000 px canvas and exported it as jpg. It worked but took around a minute to render. If you have a complex drawing I would imagine it would take a long time indeed.

Maybe mods can advise what to do.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

If output at 200 pixels per inch, an image of that size would be 100 inches by 100 inches (or more than 8 feet by 8 feet) when printed. For such a large picture, typical viewing distances (upwards of 4 feet) would mean that you don’t need anywhere near 200 ppi. Reducing the pixel dimensions of the original image will obviously mean discarding some detail, but it will be detail that no one would normally see.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hey guys, 

yes I understand it’s little big but as you said your ipad could handle it no problems. But unfornately, it’s not happening with my ipad. And the drawing is not complex at all. It’s just a layout of a room. The export settings are at 20,000 by 20,000 at 96dpi

@DM1 is using an iPad Pro, so he has 4 GB of RAM to play with. If you’re using an iPad Air 2, as I am, you’ll only have 2 GB.

At 24 bits per pixel, or 3 bytes per pixel, a 400 Mpix image is going to gobble up 1.2 GB of the available memory just to store the image. Add the processing requirements on top of this and it’s hardly surprising that the app struggles.

I’ve left a test export running in the background while I’m typing this, and it’s stuck on ‘Generating export...’.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I’m currently using the 2018 iPad Pro. From some post on the forums they said something about turning off emended midi but it still doesn’t work for me. Also i can’t cancel. Once I touch cancel it goes to the workspace and when I try exporting it again it, the export screen pops up and it says “generating export” again. The one way I get it to stop generating export is to change my settings down to 5000 x 5000 pixels and once I do that I can export right away.

Hey guys! 

So I did a test, for the document it was just a line across the whole document. One curve that’s it.

i tried exporting it on these various resolutions as JPEGs on my iPad Pro 2018.

5000 x 5000px

6000 x 6000px

10 000 x 10 000px

15 000 x 15 000px

19 000 x 19 000px (Took about 10 seconds but no probs)

than at 20 000 x 20 000px and up.....nothing happen i just get “generating export” forever. I’m writing this after looking that the spinning circle for an hour.

So...I tried this on my friends 2017 iPad and...it works! Soooo..it maybe a problem, compatibility with the new 2018 iPad Pro. Just putting it out there. Any of you guys facing the same issues?

On 11/26/2018 at 1:18 AM, Nerdkidleo said:

Heya guys! 

I am having a problem where it says that I am “generating export” on the export screen. I tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad but it still there. 

Please help!

PS: Love the app! Carry on the good work!

Can you PM me a link to your file so I can test exporting as creating a file at the same dimensions is ok for me.