altae

Denoise filter does not work in LAB mode

Apparently the denoise filter does nothing in LAB mode. A working denoise filter is important for the LAB denoise technique. There is no preview and if I'm not mistaken the effect is also not applied to the image after clicking "apply".

It seems to work for me. I hate noise, and am real cautious with my exposure settings. I tried it with one of my Super Moon shots. I had to pull the shadows waaay up to get some nshowing. Then I used the Live Denoise filter and it took checking extreme and going to at least 1,193 % to see it was blurring the noise. I must admit I would think it should be a little more sensitive.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, ; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel i7-4770, 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645 

I'm not talking about the live filter (haven't tested that one). And the behavior you describe is definitely not normal. In RGB mode even a strength of 50 % has a very strong effect.

8 hours ago, altae said:

Apparently the denoise filter does nothing in LAB mode. A working denoise filter is important for the LAB denoise technique. There is no preview and if I'm not mistaken the effect is also not applied to the image after clicking "apply".

You are right. It does nothing whatsoever in LAB mode (Windows).

BUG! It works in 1.6.5 - so it is a regression.

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."