You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Different work tool on the vector and raster.

• Staff

Hi Max,
Could you attach a copy of the document in the video please?

It looks like the stroke on the top object (possibly a group?) is actually applied to the objects inside, so when the clipping is applied, its applied to the top (possibly group) object causing the line to be clipped. 

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max,

It looks like the stroke on the top object (possibly a group?) is actually applied to the objects inside, so when the clipping is applied, its applied to the top (possibly group) object causing the line to be clipped. 

I get the same result with a single piece, not in a group.
Group in order to draw a vector illustration that needs to be cropped, and around which you need to make a stroke.
With a single vector figure, the result is the same.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max,

In this case, there is a difference between stroke through FX and just stroke. Crop works in different ways.

2.thumb.jpg.6401abc58fe4807fcc3a1396f86a5853.jpg

123.afdesign

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

Ahh I see what you mean now. Specifically a Pixel Layer responds differently to the Rectangle object! I will question this with development, however I have a feeling it could be by design, due to the differences between vector and raster objects.

Regarding the FX layer - this is to be expected, as any FX effects are applied to the results of anything else done to the object (such as a mask or cropping region. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.