Max N

Different work tool on the vector and raster.

Hi Max,
Could you attach a copy of the document in the video please?

It looks like the stroke on the top object (possibly a group?) is actually applied to the objects inside, so when the clipping is applied, its applied to the top (possibly group) object causing the line to be clipped. 

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max,

It looks like the stroke on the top object (possibly a group?) is actually applied to the objects inside, so when the clipping is applied, its applied to the top (possibly group) object causing the line to be clipped. 

I get the same result with a single piece, not in a group.
Group in order to draw a vector illustration that needs to be cropped, and around which you need to make a stroke.
With a single vector figure, the result is the same.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max,

In this case, there is a difference between stroke through FX and just stroke. Crop works in different ways.

2.thumb.jpg.6401abc58fe4807fcc3a1396f86a5853.jpg

123.afdesign

Ahh I see what you mean now. Specifically a Pixel Layer responds differently to the Rectangle object! I will question this with development, however I have a feeling it could be by design, due to the differences between vector and raster objects.

Regarding the FX layer - this is to be expected, as any FX effects are applied to the results of anything else done to the object (such as a mask or cropping region. 

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Ahh I see what you mean now. Specifically a Pixel Layer responds differently to the Rectangle object! I will question this with development, however I have a feeling it could be by design, due to the differences between vector and raster objects.

That pixel-like layer must be an Image object, otherwise no stroke would appear on it.

In my example below, Artboard1 shows that there's a bug with the rendering of a stroked Image that has a vector mask. Artboard2 shows that the correct result can be achieved by putting the stroked Image inside a Group and masking the Group.

820770416_maskedstrokeimage.thumb.png.f8969e73cd09f9731458237ba8340f3d.png