You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

freeze while using replace all (beta 1.7.0.174)

Steps to reproduce:

1. fill „Find” with texts to find (screenshot 1):

affinity

publisher

Is awesome

2. fill „Replace text with ” with (screenshot 2) :

any text to replace

3. Click „Find” = show result

4. Click „Replace” = OK = is working

5. Click „Replace all” = A.P. freeze

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, adirusf said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. fill „Find” with texts to find (screenshot 1):

affinity

publisher

Is awesome

2. fill „Replace text with ” with (screenshot 2) :

any text to replace

3. Click „Find” = show result

4. Click „Replace” = OK = is working

5. Click „Replace all” = A.P. freeze

Hi @adirusf,

I just tried this and I cannot replicate this. APub does not freeze.

Question: when you start the replace, do you have the cursor inside the textframe. Or is nothing selected at all?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, adirusf said:

Please have a look at the video attached.

Hi @adirusf,

your video is helpful, thankyou. In my first attempt I was trying this with frame text. In the video I saw you are using multiple instances of artistic text.

Now I can replicate what you show in the video. APub just freezes after I hit 'Replace all'.

Let's see what the moderators or developers are saying ... on monday :)

Cheers!
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I had recently a similar experience with an 8 (I think) page document when using "replace all".

Then I did it one after another and it worked as expected - I had to click 72 times on the "replace" button, though. :-/

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.