You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The program closes when working with a mix brush. 1.7.0.188

I can confirm that here.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

It seems much, much slower in 1.7 than in 1.6 but I cannot get it to crash. I'm currently typing this whilst watching the brush strokes render on another screen... It has been doing this for the last few minutes. 

I'll keep trying to get the crash but I think there's definitely something here for the developers to look at.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Could somebody please attach a document with its history so we can poke this a bit more please? :) 

Here you go. The app quit a few a mix brush strokes after the last save point. I'm using the DAUB watercolour brushes and could hear my CPU fan going full-on so I don't know if it's too much for my hardware (top end MS Surface Pro 4).

history.afphoto

[EDIT] I've been trying the exact same thing in v1.6.5 for several minutes now and it hasn't crashed so it does seem like it's something to do with v1.7.

Edited by mark-h
Adding additional info

In 1.6 I did not encounter such a problem. In 1.7, this is a permanent error.
I often work with a brush mix. And I have a question, will someday be saved settings brush (all). In PS, I set up a brush mix two years ago and I work for her. In AP, when I open each document, I should make about 5-7 clicks of the mouse before starting to work. For the year, this is thousands of extra gestures.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.