MartinGardener

Affinity Photo crash with Olympus OM-D EM1 MK2 High Res RAW

Hi,

I have an iPad 9.7 (2018) with iOS 12.1 and Affinity Photo Version 1.6.10.83.

I really like the app on the iPad, it is very easy to handle. However there is one thing that does not work as I hoped:

When I try to upload a high res 50MP ORF RAW I get a blank screen. It shows me all the tools but I cannot do anything.

When I click on develop, the app crashes and I end up at the home screen.

I attached one ORF files plus 2 screenshots of the app.

Any advise on how to proceed with this? Because the OM-D EM1MK2 is supposed to be supported with all RAW types, not just the standard resolution, I hope there is a work arround.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

IMG_2421.PNG

IMG_2420.PNG

PB173224.ORF

Hi MartinGardener,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm afraid Apple (Core Image RAW) doesn't support this RAW format. Affinity Photo on desktop isn't able to load the file using Apple RAW engine and Apple Photos isn't also able to load/display the image. Currently only our RAW engine Serif Labs is able to open it, however on iPad we rely on the Apple's engine only to open RAW files. 

On 11/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, MartinGardener said:

Can you post their reply here once you got it?

@MartinGardenerHey Martin, use a real high quality raw converter with such a great camera! Olympus just released a new RAW converter for their cameras with output similar to the in-camera almost organic image rendering which is excellent in Olympus cameras. https://support.olympus-imaging.com/owdownload/

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)