ReeceT

Importing Photos Causes App Crash

Hi All, 

Whenever I import a photo through the app, it just crashes no matter how many time or whichever way that I try it import (cloud/camera roll etc). 

iPad version 12.1

Any ideas - I’m presuming it is a bug.

Check your iPad Settings, scroll down to affinity Photo and check that the app has both read and write access to the iOS photos app.

962FDDEB-BA05-4C95-BA71-9D55B58F7602.jpeg

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

When opening/importing from cloud what is the file type, if RAW what is the make and model of camera the file was taken on. If the app is crashing, follow the steps below to retrieve a crash report to upload.

1. On your iPad, navigate to the Settings app
  2. Go to Privacy
  3. Go to Analytics
  4. Go to Analytics Data
  5. You will see an alphabetical list all crash logs on your device. Find the one that corresponds to Photo - I believe they have the crash time and date in the filename. Doing a long press should allow you to select all of the text and copy it to your clipboard to save into a file

On 11/29/2018 at 5:42 AM, Lee D said:

When opening/importing from cloud what is the file type, if RAW what is the make and model of camera the file was taken on. If the app is crashing, follow the steps below to retrieve a crash report to upload.

1. On your iPad, navigate to the Settings app
  2. Go to Privacy
  3. Go to Analytics
  4. Go to Analytics Data
  5. You will see an alphabetical list all crash logs on your device. Find the one that corresponds to Photo - I believe they have the crash time and date in the filename. Doing a long press should allow you to select all of the text and copy it to your clipboard to save into a file

I am having the same issue, here is my crash log.

Affinty Photo iPad crash on import copy.txt