You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

StuartRc

Vegetation Brushes Set 3 S

Experimental Set of Brushes for use with 1.7 Versions of AP and AD only 

You will get an error if try to load into previous versions!

Added a new set of Vegetation Raster Brushes (leaves 3)
Original Brush Nozzles are based upon Poison Vegetation Set C

So impressed with the added functionality of the Raster Brush Tools.....

A big Experiment into how the new brush dynamics functions....nice!

So many combinations..scaryO.o!

Brushes are quite limited in  the Nozzles as concentrated on mixing combinations to see what you get

Built a complete set for brush library

Synchronised brushes added (Different results when painting and changing brush size!)

Enjoy!.....

Zip file contains 30 brushes)

PDF sample file added

VB2 BRUSH PACKS VB 3 00-30@0.5x.jpg

VB2 BRUSH PACKS VB 3 00-30.pdf

Vegetation Set 3_1.7.zip

Vegetation Set 3_.1.7sync.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Fixed something that was annoying me!

Now have 2 versions of same brush pack....added suffix for distinction in Brush Categories

Added a version of brushes with Sub-Brush Nozzles synchronised to Spacing and Scale..

1. Allowing flexibility in size of all brush nozzles (different result when active)...switchable in sub brush dynamics!
2. Nozzles scales with keyboard
3. Improves visual appearance of Brush Panel

Vegetation Set 3_.1.7sync.zip

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Just now, Wosven said:

Thanks @StuartRc !

(I'm out of likes for today).

That's OK....I will not hold it against you:)

8 hours ago, Tooma said:

Hi Stuart.

Thanks for the offer of the brushes, Vegetation Brush Set 3. I tried both zip files, and both times there was an error when importing to AP. Any ideas?

Are you using 1.6 or beta 1.7...They will only import into the beta 1.7 version

15 minutes ago, Tooma said:

1.6.0 Stuart. I got that from AP Help, then typing in Version, so hopefully this is the info you need, and me - I have the wrong version. You probably said that on the download link page, and it did not register with me.

Thanks for your kind response.

Tom.

Hi, 

Yep...1.7 is new code base...The brushes were created in 1.7 Designer...really for testing the new functionality in the beta section

Download the latest beta version of the software: here

If you wish to use these brushes..

Or If you are looking for the brush equivalents for use in 1.6.5 ...They were created off a previous version:

Original Brush Nozzles are based upon Poison Vegetation Set C 
There are 300 brushes in this section alone.
The nozzles are unique to the Project brush sections

The new set 1.7 testing only uses a limited number of nozzles. If you are looking for leaf type brushes you could try out: The vegetation Sets (1 ,2) as they are more comprehensive and varied.

Vegetation Brushes Set 1

Vegetation Brushes Set 2

and there is a full list here:

Library

Hi again, Stuart.

I bought some brushes recently from the Affinity Store, including three sets of Frankentoon vegetation, and I thought to add your selections to my little collection in AF. I downloaded the beta version of AD, but not got around to doing anything  with it yet, apart from watching some instruction videos. I like the look of your vegetation brushes sets, so thank you muchly for those. I have been surprised and amazed with the brushes I have come across in the past week - I had no idea.

An odd problem occurred last night with the brushes in AF. I was working on a pic, and selected the Dodge Tool to find the last brush I used was still active, regardless of the new tool selection being highlighted. It took a lot of messing about and a few re-boots to sort it, and I do not know if that will be a permanent fix. The same thing was happening with the Smudge/Sharpen tools. I searched the forums, came across others with the same problem, but no definite cause or solutions offered. Can I tap your knowledge on this problem please? 

Thanks again.

Tom.

Thanks for liking the vegetation set:)

The availability of brushes is expanding rapidly.....There are quite a few in resources now. The ones I personally have uploaded are only a small selection of the full library.

Many of the Frankentoon brush collections are very impressive...I also like the new Grave Etcher set as well!...but still prefer to build my own...:)

It will be interesting to see how the new Brush Dynamics functions develop...I personally was very impressed..even though there are still a few glitches!..It gives you a greatly expanded scope for developing/experimenting with brushes...You can almost control each nozzle independently.. and stack nozzles with multiple dynamic settings..nice!

There are also extensive commercial sets developed by Agata Karelus and available on Gumroad

You can watch the video of these in action here: Video Link

I cannot really help you much with the issue in AF.. I haven't been using AP that much recently! been too involved with #inktober and testing Affinity Products...Bugs and glitches are the realm of the Moderators and Developers...You could always ask the question in affinity support. or raise it as a bug issue..I am sure you will get a response..

I know that in AD sometimes the brush switching can be a bit unresponsive..with a delay in changing the selected nozzle/brush but it's never really caused me much of an issue...

Amazing, Stuart. That is some body of work you have produced.

I followed most of your links - the lady artist, from Poland,  Agata Karelus  really impresses. The video link will not work for me. Yes, the past few days have been a real eye-opener for me regarding brushes. Clouds, flames, smoke, light flares, neon, vegetation, ground surfaces, - wow - I will now be looking at scenes and situations with an extended eye, having all these brushes in mind.

Thank you very much for sharing your work and your knowledge - Top Man.

Tom.

9 minutes ago, Tooma said:

Amazing, Stuart. That is some body of work you have produced.

I followed most of your links - the lady artist, from Poland,  Agata Karelus  really impresses. The video link will not work for me. Yes, the past few days have been a real eye-opener for me regarding brushes. Clouds, flames, smoke, light flares, neon, vegetation, ground surfaces, - wow - I will now be looking at scenes and situations with an extended eye, having all these brushes in mind.

Thank you very much for sharing your work and your knowledge - Top Man.

Tom.

Thank you!...for downloading them...

and you were right.. I fixed the video link!..

• 1 year later...