The new version of NIK shows it is compatible with Affinity Photo, but unfortunately it is not showing up after an install. Do I have to install the new version the same way the free one is installed? Or is the old version the only way to use the NIK Collection with Affinity Photo?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.18.57 AM.png

2 hours ago, JudeDez21 said:

Do I have to install the new version the same way the free one is installed?

I think so

2 hours ago, JudeDez21 said:

Or is the old version the only way to use the NIK Collection with Affinity Photo?

no, DxO has hardly changed anything on the filters.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 :   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.8.0.486   :    Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.8.0.486:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

10 hours ago, JudeDez21 said:

The new version of NIK shows it is compatible with Affinity Photo, but unfortunately it is not showing up after an install. Do I have to install the new version the same way the free one is installed? Or is the old version the only way to use the NIK Collection with Affinity Photo?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 8.18.57 AM.png

You have to install it the same way you installed it at first, create a folder for the pluging and select it to be installed in. Delete the plugin you had before in AP (restart AP) and add the new one (restart AP), done.

If you search on the forum there are many threads telling you how to install 64bit Photoshop Plugins in Affinity Photo. The installer for DXO won't install to AP it just says they are compatible with AP:

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB