robertochaves

“Touch for gestures only” not working anymore :(

With the latest update of Affinity photo for iPad the feature has completely stopped working.

this has worked fine since it we introduced, but the version before was already unstable and only working 60% of the time or so, now it never works.

Please fix this ASAP, I’m doing a lot of work with the Inpaint tool, and when I zoom and pan it will often create long brush strokes by mistake that take time to calculate and undo, severely limiting my workflow and creating an uncertainty that I might have by mistake made a change not knowing where

Hi robertochaves :)

Thanks for your report.

The latest update changed the functionality for 'touch for gestures only', with this setting on we disable the touch just for the brush tool and the pencil tool. You can still use touches for all the other operations. This has already been logged with our developers to investigate.

Hello!

I’ve experienced the same with the inpainting brush and would very much like the “touch for gestures only” feature to apply to the inpainting brush for sure, as well as all brushes generally. I’m constantly fighting and having to undo incorrect strokes with the inpainting brush as I try to zoom and rotate the canvas.

Thank you for all the work you do!