You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v.1.7.0.174 Install failed

All updates prior went fine.  This one, did not.  Could install back to 162, but 174 simply returned a dialogue box of "Install failed".  Would be nice if some hint could be provided with the fail.

Any ideas?

Win10Pro with a ton of RAM and SSD space.

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform

I've downloaded multiple times; tried install multiple times; even stripped out the existing content and started fresh install.  All come back "Setup failed".  I can reinstall 162, but 174 continues to fail.

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

Sometimes restarting Windows will help.

Sometimes uninstalling the current beta version before installing the new one will help.

You should be able to find, in your %temp%/AffinitySetup directory a set of subdirectories with odd names. Find the one whose date/time corresponds to a failed attempt, and look in it for two log files that will contain information. I would start by looking in the SetupUI.log file and searching for the word Error

(You can find that directory by opening File Explorer and typing %temp%/AffinitySetup into the location bar.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, walt.farrell said:

Sometimes restarting Windows will help.

Sometimes uninstalling the current beta version before installing the new one will help.

You should be able to find, in your %temp%/AffinitySetup directory a set of subdirectories with odd names. Find the one whose date/time corresponds to a failed attempt, and look in it for two log files that will contain information. I would start by looking in the SetupUI.log file and searching for the word Error

(You can find that directory by opening File Explorer and typing %temp%/AffinitySetup into the location bar.)

Thanks.  Let me catch-up a bit.  Hopefully, later today.

Thanks again.

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

4 hours ago, RickyO said:

Thanks.  Let me catch-up a bit.  Hopefully, later today.

Thanks again.

I used to have the same problem from a couple of updates ago. Tried to uninstall previous version, but said install was from removable disc - which was a load of twaddle!

Had to force uninstall previous version, then new version would load.

No answer why that should happen is forthcoming.

May help.

• 2 months later...

Thanks.

More recent versions have loaded without issue.  Must have been addressed.

Thanks again!

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.