You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

perspective live filter

ianrb

Hope this is Ok to post here 
Nothin' on Tv so ....
I'm very open to honest CC --- just don't feel I have this "right"; whatever that is . 2nd is the original
The main effect made with the perspective live filter 
Any links/tips/advice or even show your photo/s or edit mine
Cheers

201811  04479-1-2-1-1.jpg

201811  04479.jpg

I like pictures that extend "outside the frame" and adding a perspective filter adds a new dimension to play with. Thanks.

cow3.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

pictures that extend "outside the frame"

Often called ‘out of bounds’, or OOB for short. (No wonder that cow is thinking ‘Way tall flower!’) ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Probably a neater edge  around the image, apply that edge prior to using perspective and group all the components so you can perspective the group. Less is more so drop the intensity of the shadow on the flower, make it more diffused and also colour it a darkish yellow, shadows are rarely grey and are often tinted with colour either because of the translucency of the object causing the shadow to be tinted or because of the surface the shadow is being cast onto.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 minute ago, firstdefence said:

shadows are rarely grey and are often tinted with colour either because of the translucency of the object causing the shadow to be tinted or because of the surface the shadow is being cast onto.

Or because of the colour of the light. (I once slept in a room where there were plants kept under ultraviolet light, and the shadows were yellow.)

Alfred spacer.png

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Or because of the colour of the light. (I once slept in a room where there were plants kept under ultraviolet light, and the shadows were yellow.)

trippy man! lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

18 hours ago, Daniel204 said:

You are the best creator:)

Thanks for the compliment; however I'm basically following the creations done by others because Affinity and couple of others are making it easier to do . But I am working something that is mine; well I have not seen it before and it's pretty hard to come up with anything totally new . Much of the stuff we do actually started inside a view camera, and a darkroom years before digital was even a dream 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:28 AM, ianrb said:

Thanks for the compliment; however I'm basically following the creations done by others because Affinity and couple of others are making it easier to do . But I am working something that is mine; well I have not seen it before and it's pretty hard to come up with anything totally new . Much of the stuff we do actually started inside a view camera, and a darkroom years before digital was even a dream 

Hello!

Best luck with your next step.:)

Daniel Dixon

PHP Developer

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, matadoro2 said:

It all seems so easy when he does it and everything flows but how does a beginner to Affinity Photo know where to start?

If you could describe what you’re struggling with, perhaps someone here will be able to give you some pointers.

Alfred spacer.png

8 hours ago, matadoro2 said:

but how does a beginner to Affinity Photo know where to start?  

As they say; learn to walk before running ;) . This stuff is considered as more advanced editing that will become easier for as you gain more experience with affinity, and editing in general.  I have been fiddling with this editing stuff for 10 years or so (40-50 years with camera) and there is still lots I cannot do or even understand.
Editing; just like photography, is a never ending journey. As soon as you feel you have finished the journey you will read about somewhere else to go. However it can pay to always ask for directions ;)