You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Graphics etc do not stay anchored to text during reflow

When changing e.g. overall font size, such that the text flows onto different pages, the graphics (and I think, tables &c.) stay on the same page, rather than with the text they should be associated with.  There appears to be no way of anchoring them to the text they are connected to.  This is painfully tedious for anything except a very short document, and I presume it is an unintended omission, hence the bug report.  There was a discussion thread which included references to this ("Inline Graphics & Anchors to objects"), but the thread followed several subjects and I fear that this item may have got lost.  (If there is a solution which I have missed, I apologise).  However, AfPub is looking set to be very good once complete - thanks.

12 hours ago, Keith.M said:

When changing e.g. overall font size, such that the text flows onto different pages, the graphics (and I think, tables &c.) stay on the same page, rather than with the text they should be associated with.  There appears to be no way of anchoring them to the text they are connected to.  This is painfully tedious for anything except a very short document, and I presume it is an unintended omission, hence the bug report.  There was a discussion thread which included references to this ("Inline Graphics & Anchors to objects"), but the thread followed several subjects and I fear that this item may have got lost.  (If there is a solution which I have missed, I apologise).  However, AfPub is looking set to be very good once complete - thanks.

Hello @Keith.M,

this behaviour is not a bug but part of the current feature set. Anchoring of images or other objects with the text flow is not possible yet. The developers are aware of this and have stated it several times. It will be a function that will be available at a later time, but I have no idea when this will be.

I personally miss this function, too. But we have to deal with it for now.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.