J.T

Grave Etcher Brush Pack

Hi, I have a purchased brush  "Grave Etcher ". This brush contains a defect on line ends.

Thanks for the correction.

GE.PNG

Hi

I believe one of the brushes that J.T could be referring to is 'Etch Single - Short 04' (see screenshot).

I've also purchased these brushes and have on the whole been disappointed. I'm new to using brushes and was hoping they would behave like Illustrators vector brushes. They are, as far as I can see, just bitmaps along a vector path. (ie not really scalable vectors). That being the case, I think the problem for me at least, is they are much too low in resolution to be useful for my printed output requirements.

In addition to their soft blurriness, I've also experience grey shadowy lines appearing when the size variance and pressure properties are changed (see screenshots, 100% and 300% views).

grave-etch-brush.png

100pc.png

300pc.png

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

I bought these brushes yesterday too.. didn’t have the chance to test them before now. I see this problem too, and the longer the stroke is, the more visible it is.

I’m agree with @janopen too, the quality wasn’t too good. Edges looks quite blurry. 

On a sale, it wasn’t too expensive, but still.. 

Hope there will be an update to these brushes to fix this problem. 

22 hours ago, Jonopen said:

I've also purchased these brushes and have on the whole been disappointed.

Me too..
Brushes look nice at sample images, but imported to Designer they have low quality, which make them a bit useless.

22 hours ago, 276ccm said:

Hope there will be an update to these brushes to fix this problem.

This will be the best solution.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:21 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @J.T,

Which brush is that? The Grave Etcher is a pack that contains multiple brushes. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

All the brushes in package are bad, so I didn't write the name.

(I tested them in the pictures 3600x3600 and 12000x12000 px)