You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen and fingers work simultaniously

• Staff

Hi Bill O,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately our desktop builds do not have such an option currently, as we interpret desktop touch screens as mouse input. There may be a way to turn off the touch screen other than pen use in your laptops settings, but this isn't possible within Affinity, my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

19 hours ago, Bill O said:

I have a new HP Envy laptop with a touchscreen.  When I use the pen to do anything, my hand also applies changes, how do I get the pen to work alone without finger touch.

I have the same problem sometimes with my convertible PC/tablet touch screen

I use the glove that came with my graphics tablet.

glove.png.87743372690cb3d60d61c9e7b1251c4a.png

They are cheap enough from Ebay and are very light and comfortable to wear. 

Search for 'anti-fouling glove' or 'tablet glove'.

or you use a thin glove and a pair of scissors. That's a snip ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.11.2018 at 17:13, Bill O said:

Wie kann ich den Stift ohne Fingerberührung alleine arbeiten lassen?

Affinity Designer hinkt der Zeit ziemlich hinterher und ist weder für Stift, noch für Toucheingabe zu gebrauchen.
Das was du allerdings beschreibst, deutet für mich auf ein Problemchen deines Gerätes hin. Ich arbeite mit dem Surface Pro und kann dem Gerät sagen das er Touch und Stifteingabe auseinander halten soll - insbesondere auch, das die Handfläche nicht berücksichtigt werden soll.

Vielleicht solltest du mal in den Einstellungen deines Gerätes schauen, was da so zum Einstellen geht.

• 4 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 11:13 AM, Bill O said:

I have a new HP Envy laptop with a touchscreen.  When I use the pen to do anything, my hand also applies changes, how do I get the pen to work alone without finger touch.

Windows 10 settings / Devices/ Pen & Windows Ink - check the box that reads: "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen." 

TheMicrosoft really needs to make this a option in the Action Center. Better still if we could create options like this for the Action Center in Win10.

This is a Windows 10 setting & should be available for HP. FYI... the Surface Pro is worth every cent & won't spy on you like HP does. Yes, seriously... look at HP telemetry. It's eating a lot of your hardware memory also!