You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Photo have an image browser?

Hello,

Quick and short question:
Does Affinity Photo have anything similar to the Lightroom/DxO Photolab bottom toolbar, where you can quickly jump to other photos in that folder/catalog?

Ideally I want to see if this software can fit my needs of editing my travel photos, that may need small and quick adjustments.

Cheers

• Staff

Hi AnandaT,
The Windows versions never had this Media Browser. It was based on third-party code and was created specifically to access media libraries of Apple/Mac programs (Apple iPhoto, Aperture and Photos etc) although it allowed the user to add custom folders to be listed there. It's functionality was rather limited and as i said, end up being removed altogether from the Affinity Mac apps in v1.7. There's plans to develop a DAM (digital assets manager) but it's something that's not coming anytime soon/there aren't much details yet.

• 6 months later...

Is there any update to this - I would love to replace photoshop with Affinity Photo. It does everything else photoshop does so why leave out an image browser ????  Surly the fact that there are a load of us out there ready to jump ship would make it worth implementing

I need some kind of image browser to choose my photos (RAW) to edit into final photos for my customers

Supply - demand is the basics of business so why would you not do it  O.o

You can use XnViewMP to view Affinity files, make sure the lighted option is checked, see image below...
Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-12-57-21.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 11 months later...

Hi there! 

In my opinion, on the mac, Affinity Photo works nicely together with Apple Photos. May be not perfect, but still good. :)

At the moment I am testing Affinity Photo on windows.

I always install "Faststone Image Viewer" on my windows PCs. It has a basic tool chest, but most important, as a organizer it works well with Affinity Photo. Just add Affinity to Faststones list of editors, and you open the image in Affinity from a short cut. 

Affinity Photo. - Priced very nicely! Power packed with capabilities!

Faststone Image Viewer - Free for home users. Basic functionality.

Perfect couple. Powerfull, easy to use, cheap. :)

Edited by Frank S