You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 minutes ago, chris@555 said:

Still no replicate

still no size adjustment

Please explain a little more. What do you want to replicate? What do you want to resize?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, chris@555 said:

still no form fields

all these are in PagePlus 7

Form fields are a PDF feature. The ability to publish to PDF was only added to in PagePlus 8 PDF Edition, so form fields wouldn't have been available in PagePlus 7. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Arun Sarkar said:

Hello Walt :)

Take a look in attached file. A replicate method of PagePlus. It is a wonderful feature and far far better than "Power Duplicate" when we need n-up setting in a page.

Hi @Arun Sarkar,

thank you for posting this video. I never used PagePlus and consider this feature very interesting. I do a similar thing manually many times.

Question: what happens if you change the original bussiness card? Does it replicate (like in Symbols) or is it possible to have a basic design and fill in different content in each replicated copy?

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

23 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

It just a single click option for multiple copy+Paste with "Align & Distribute" option.

Thank you, I see. Still an interesting feature for future development :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Sorry for the delay in replying

Thank you for your comments

Replicate is great - make one object then repeat it across and down the page 

PagePlus x7 has a size feature - highlight two or more objects (text or pictures) and you can make them the same size

Form fields - sorry got that slightly wrong - it is in Adobe Acrobat where you can have many fields with the same name/number (so you can repeat the text without typing it) but in PagePlus you can have only one form field number/name per document.

14 hours ago, chris@555 said:

highlight two or more objects (text or pictures) and you can make them the same size

Nice... I've been thinking for a while that there should be an option to make selected objects the same width, same height, or both...  similar to alignment but changes the size instead of just moving the objects.

Maybe holding down command while clicking on an alignment button in the toolbar or dragging an alignment handle could cause the relevant side of the object to move but anchor the opposite side, effectively resizing the object?  In other words, if I have two rectangles of different sizes, and command+click the Align Right Edges button with both selected, then the right edges of the rectangles would go to the same horizontal position, but the left edges would not move...

4 hours ago, fde101 said:

that there should be an option to make selected objects the same width, same height, or both...  

We can use snapping to do this. Admittedly we probapely have to move one of the objects into position and move it to it's original position afterwards. In the few occations I need this this works for me :)

d.

11 minutes ago, dominik said:

We can use snapping to do this.

I’ve done it with snapping, too, but it quickly becomes tedious if you have more than three or four objects to resize.

Alfred spacer.png

53 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

but it quickly becomes tedious if you have more than three or four objects to resize.

This is true and I need this only occasionally. More often I create them at the same size beforehand. Or copy them. It depends on the task.

I can imagine an enhancement of the alignment panel to size elements the same height and/or width (with or without repositioning them).

d.

5 minutes ago, coso said:

Still no possibility to use more than two pages on a single spread. I know you don't intend to implement it, but …

Who told you that? I assume, you are talking about the absence of this feature in version 1 of Publisher. Certainly you agree, that they can’t built in everything we’d like in an initial version of this new product.

9 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Who told you that? I assume, you are talking about the absence of this feature in version 1 of Publisher. Certainly you agree, that they can’t built in everything we’d like in an initial version of this new product.

Oh of course I don't demand this feature to be present in version 1, but I remember some threads at the start of the beta, where developers kind of ruled out this possibility. Now I don't see much talk about that. But if they add it in the future I'll be finally able to ditch ID. But I'm buying Affinity Publisher anyway when it comes out.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, coso said:

where developers kind of ruled out this possibility

I think we may have ruled it out of the "initial release" by which we mean the launch of 1.7.0. I don't think we have committed whether more than 2 page spreads will make it into the first version 1.x or a later release like 2 or 3, but I am sure that we will implement them.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I think we may have ruled it out of the "initial release" by which we mean the launch of 1.7.0. I don't think we have committed whether more than 2 page spreads will make it into the first version 1.x or a later release like 2 or 3, but I am sure that we will implement them.

Thanks for that, Patrick. It isn’t always clear whether ‘initial release’ refers to the first point release (i.e. version 1.7.0 in the case of APub) or, more widely, version 1.7.n or 1.x.n.

Alfred spacer.png

On 11/29/2018 at 4:15 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, this would be fantastic. Really psyched about Affinity Publisher guys, and Designer and Photo too. I already transitioned a good chunk of my workflow to them. Can't wait to make a complete switch, and I think a lot of people is. Cheers!