zstekovic

Expand stroke still sucks

On 6. Februar 2019 at 12:10 PM, ajharok said:

When can we expect this to be solved and work as it should?

Hopefully 2019 because:

Vítor Galvão: “Will 2019 bring any of: […] Fixing expand stroke”Matt Priestley: “I'm hoping to sort out the expand stroke and boolean operations issues”

On 2/8/2019 at 12:29 AM, Oval said:

Hopefully 2019 because:

Vítor Galvão: “Will 2019 bring any of: […] Fixing expand stroke”Matt Priestley: “I'm hoping to sort out the expand stroke and boolean operations issues”

Any news from users that tried 1.7 beta? Is this fixed?

Just now, FedeG26 said:

Any news from users that tried 1.7 beta? Is this fixed?

No, not yet.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

I think it might be in the Feature Request discussion but the expand stroke bug is on the radar Affinity responded. I just hope they squeeze it in for 1.7.

It has been in the request list since the early days (2014) At first they were saying it would be soon, but the longer it goes, the further out it seems to be.  I miss my CorelDRAW days.  But I went Mac and now CorelDRAW has a Mac Version (pro subscription, not an option)  So I'm thankful to have a lot of what I need in AD

It has been in the request list since the early days (2014) At first they were saying it would be soon, but the longer it goes, the further out it seems to be.  I miss my CorelDRAW days.  But I went Mac and now CorelDRAW has a Mac Version (pro subscription, not an option)  So I'm thankful to have a lot of what I need in AD

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.53.31 PM.png

On 21. Juni 2019 at 8:57 PM, Elvys said:

Same problem here... Is anybody listening??

We just read and read and read … the same lame(nts).

I got a response today on the Affinity Facebook page about the expand stroke issues. The response was "it's something our developers are still actively looking into."

Hi Elvys,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Yes, we are listening and aware this is something that must be reviewed/fixed as soon as possible. Now that v1.7 of Photo and Designer are out as well as Publisher we should get back to regular updates/fixes soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you all. Thanks for your support/understanding.

@Busenitz it was locked last week. Looks like it was deleted because one person was accusing Affinity of lying. It was getting kind of heated. Affinity developer MattP had posted in there going back and forth with this one person and had mentioned he was working on ver 1.8 testing the expand stroke with a comparison screenshot.

3 hours ago, dsnaps12 said:

@Busenitz it was locked last week. Looks like it was deleted because one person was accusing Affinity of lying. It was getting kind of heated. Affinity developer MattP had posted in there going back and forth with this one person and had mentioned he was working on ver 1.8 testing the expand stroke with a comparison screenshot.

I believe it. The admins are usually forthcoming about things they are working on during beta. Everyone has opinions about how Affinity is progressing. I still have my gripes about the brush engine, but my opinions more niche. Improvements have been made, especially with performance. Oh and the GUI bugs in Windows. It's not meant to be a painting master's program anyway. My main gripe being that with all the flexibility of the engine, we're still not able to really blend to a "pro" degree, even for minor pieces. It's painfully slow and a bit unpredictable as far as the quality that can be achieved, but it's definitely improved albeit over the years. The expand stroke bug is more than a QoL issue so I'm glad it is finally being worked on. Sucks that people are being so rude to staff though...

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 17763)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3600Ghz; Mobo: Asus X470-PRO
16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Monitor 1: 4K @ 150%
Monitor 2: 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro

It isn't deleted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions