You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expand stroke still sucks

On 6. Februar 2019 at 12:10 PM, ajharok said:

When can we expect this to be solved and work as it should?

Hopefully 2019 because:

Vítor Galvão: “Will 2019 bring any of: […] Fixing expand stroke”Matt Priestley: “I'm hoping to sort out the expand stroke and boolean operations issues”

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2019 at 12:29 AM, Oval said:

Hopefully 2019 because:

Vítor Galvão: “Will 2019 bring any of: […] Fixing expand stroke”Matt Priestley: “I'm hoping to sort out the expand stroke and boolean operations issues”

Any news from users that tried 1.7 beta? Is this fixed?

Just now, FedeG26 said:

Any news from users that tried 1.7 beta? Is this fixed?

No, not yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It has been in the request list since the early days (2014) At first they were saying it would be soon, but the longer it goes, the further out it seems to be.  I miss my CorelDRAW days.  But I went Mac and now CorelDRAW has a Mac Version (pro subscription, not an option)  So I'm thankful to have a lot of what I need in AD

It has been in the request list since the early days (2014) At first they were saying it would be soon, but the longer it goes, the further out it seems to be.  I miss my CorelDRAW days.  But I went Mac and now CorelDRAW has a Mac Version (pro subscription, not an option)  So I'm thankful to have a lot of what I need in AD

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.53.31 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Elvys,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Yes, we are listening and aware this is something that must be reviewed/fixed as soon as possible. Now that v1.7 of Photo and Designer are out as well as Publisher we should get back to regular updates/fixes soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you all. Thanks for your support/understanding.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, dsnaps12 said:

@Busenitz it was locked last week. Looks like it was deleted because one person was accusing Affinity of lying. It was getting kind of heated. Affinity developer MattP had posted in there going back and forth with this one person and had mentioned he was working on ver 1.8 testing the expand stroke with a comparison screenshot.

I believe it. The admins are usually forthcoming about things they are working on during beta. Everyone has opinions about how Affinity is progressing. I still have my gripes about the brush engine, but my opinions more niche. Improvements have been made, especially with performance. Oh and the GUI bugs in Windows. It's not meant to be a painting master's program anyway. My main gripe being that with all the flexibility of the engine, we're still not able to really blend to a "pro" degree, even for minor pieces. It's painfully slow and a bit unpredictable as far as the quality that can be achieved, but it's definitely improved albeit over the years. The expand stroke bug is more than a QoL issue so I'm glad it is finally being worked on. Sucks that people are being so rude to staff though...

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 19045)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8Ghz (-30 all core +200mhz PBO); Mobo: Asus X470 Prime Pro
32GB DDR4 (3600Mhz); EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080 X3C Ultra 12GB
Monitor 1 4K @ 125% due to a bug
Monitor 2 4K @ 150%
Monitor 3 (as needed) 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.