You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I find that every time I close Publisher and reopen the Symbol Sync becomes activated again.  I tend to work on documents with master pages and duplicated pages and I get caught out when the symbol sync is on as edits to one page are duplicated.  A powerful feature, but I feel this should be OFF by default, rather than ON.

Is there a way of switching it off 'application-wide' rather than for each session?

Fabulous app, by the way.  I'm loving using it.

1 hour ago, James Galpin said:

A powerful feature, but I feel this should be OFF by default, rather than ON.

At this point, you are not really supposed to be putting anything on a Master page that you expect to change on a document page. That functionality does not really exist, yet. Anything you are doing now to enable that (such as playing with Synch) is simply an experimental workaround, subject to change with any beta as Serif makes changes.

Assuming Serif implements functionality that allows Master page elements to be changed on document pages, it probably will be controlled in some other way.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

35 minutes ago, James Galpin said:

Why would you have a master page that contains no assets? 

At this point Master pages seem intended to contain:

• Page numbers, which have static text, and variable text generated by Publisher
  • Titles to be shown on all the pages they're applied to, which can be partly static and partly dynamic (e.g., section names) but generated by Publisher
  • Images that are to be shown on all they pages they're applied to (e.g., a logo)
  • Guides, to enable consistent placement of objects (picture frames, text frames) containing user-supplied variable data on document pages.

They are not, today, intended to contain objects that will contain user-supplied variable data.

What they may contain in the future (without elaborate workarounds) and when that may happen only Serif knows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1