Erica

Affinity Designer: How to continue a vector brush curve?

Hi,

Is it possible to continue a previously drawn vector brush curve in Affinity Designer? If I start a curve using the vector brush tool and lift my pen off my screen, and later want to continue the same curve, I am unable to do so. I know that with the Pen tool you can Cntrl click the curve to continue it, but this appears not to work with the vector brush. How does one do this? Thanks in advance!

I am familiar with Bezier curves and how to edit them; this doesn't apply. I am asking about how to pick up and continue a previously drawn line with the vector brush tool.

Draw a second curve, and then Join it to the first curve.

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.3.481, Photo 1.7.3.481, Publisher 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.418.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Hi, Erica,

AFAIK, what you want is not supported. 2 things. You can assign a vector brush stroke to a pen line, which mean the brush "nib" will continue to stretch or repeat along the vector. You can also draw a new line w. either the vector brush or the pencil, and then use the join curves command. If the added curve is close to the original, the join won't require much if any tweaking.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet