You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plug-in problem in Beta

After trying either of the Beta's, I noticed after developing a Olympus RAW file and going to a couple of Plug-ins I use (Topaz Studio & PortraitPro) the images are being turned 90 degrees in the plugins, This doesn't happen if it is a jpeg file, I think it's the .afphoto file format that is causing the problem.

Rotate2.jpg

Rotate.jpg

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

• Staff

Hi Gregory,

Have you tried this in a 1.6 version and was it working correctly? It looks to me like your original source file has EXIF rotation metadata. Unfortunately there is already a known issue that this gets lost when handed over to plugins. You could try right clicking the Pixel Layer and selecting 'Rasterise' I believe this should then be rotated correctly.

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Gregory,

Have you tried this in a 1.6 version and was it working correctly? It looks to me like your original source file has EXIF rotation metadata. Unfortunately there is already a known issue that this gets lost when handed over to plugins. You could try right clicking the Pixel Layer and selecting 'Rasterise' I believe this should then be rotated correctly.

This never happened in 1.6 or lower, as a matter of fact this photo was from a shoot that I entirely edited and delivered to the client using 1.6 I chose a RAW from this shoot because of that, to see that it was a bug in the beta.

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

16 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to attach a copy of the RAW file you were sending through to the plugins please, and if possible a copy of the AFPhoto file from Photo 1.6 you were using prior to sending them over please?

PA060054.afphoto

PA060054.ORF

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Ztrby said:

What version of portrait pro are you using? i can't run portrait pro 18 as a plugin at all. 

I'm running Ver. 18 I initially had problems but I figured it out. If you look in your plu-ins you will see it is listed twice make sure you pick the plugin that doesn't have the dots (eg. PortraitPro... and PortraitPro)

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

2 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I'm running Ver. 18 I initially had problems but I figured it out. If you look in your plu-ins you will see it is listed twice make sure you pick the plugin that doesn't have the dots (eg. PortraitPro... and PortraitPro)

This is great news, there is hope. But i only have it once with the three dots :(

8 minutes ago, Ztrby said:

This is great news, there is hope. But i only have it once with the three dots :(

Did you install 18 as an upgrade from 17? That is what I did. and don't use the supplied plug-in installer do it manually within Affinity photo and you should see the 2 plug-ins. The plug-in with the 3 dots is a Photoshop .8BF plug-in, you want PortraitPro to start as the stand alone program within Affinity Photo as a plug-in

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

22 minutes ago, Ztrby said:

Its a fresh Portrait 18 install (i did'nt have the studio edition of 17). I used the manual install of plugin and pointed Affinity to the folder with the PortraitProPSFilter64.8bf and PortraitProPSFilter32.8bf . I don't understand the "do it manually" part. 

As I said you don't want to use the .8BF plug-ins you want to use the ProtraitPro program itself as the plug-in. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing 2 plug-ins from within Affinity Photo, I helped someone else with this issue and they had the 2 same as me. Try removing the plugin from Affinity Photo and try reinstalling ProtraitPro and start over.

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

6 minutes ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

As I said you don't want to use the .8BF plug-ins you want to use the ProtraitPro program itself as the plug-in. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing 2 plug-ins from within Affinity Photo, I helped someone else with this issue and they had the 2 same as me. Try removing the plugin from Affinity Photo and try reinstalling ProtraitPro and start over.

What folder are you telling affinity photo to search for the plugin?

2 hours ago, Ztrby said:

What folder are you telling affinity photo to search for the plugin?

I'm at work right now, when I get home I will check that for you. I believe it is the root folder for PortraitPro but I will confirm. Updated: Confirmed it is pointing to the root folder of PortraitPro

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

1 hour ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I'm at work right now, when I get home I will check that for you. I believe it is the root folder for PortraitPro but I will confirm.

i found old PSFilterPPLauncher64.8bf on there homepage (https://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=69) With that one Portrait pro starts and opens the image. But Affinity photo close down in the background. One small step in the right direction.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.