You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hang running 1.7.0.178 (split)

Hello,

This is the first time this has happened to me but this time the Beta is unusable on my machine, I have been testing since yesterday and when the software manages to open (not every time), it is enough if I choose a tool for it to lock, I am then forced to stop with the task manager.

I know I have a small configuration but still, not being able to even draw a simple rectangle seems incredible to me and I have no intention of changing machines at the moment.

12 minutes ago, reglico said:

Hello,

This is the first time this has happened to me but this time the Beta is unusable on my machine, I have been testing since yesterday and when the software manages to open (not every time), it is enough if I choose a tool for it to lock, I am then forced to stop with the task manager.

I know I have a small configuration but still, not being able to even draw a simple rectangle seems incredible to me and I have no intention of changing machines at the moment.

When you experience a hang, you can create a crash dump via Task Manager, and upload it to Dropbox or similar, then we can take a look at the hang.

16 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks - I think you might need to get the sharing URL for that file, as it requires me to login to download it. Was it crashpad_handler that was hanging?

Sorry Mark, I apparently have a problem with Dropbox, I give you a download link on another site.

https://mon-partage.fr/f/iLsY9r3m/

Thank you.

• Staff

@Mark Ingram

Have you downloaded this crash dump now?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hello Mark,

Sorry for the late answer, I had left the Beta aside and I hadn't come back to this post since Thursday.

I sent you the only file I found in the task manager but I may not have looked in the right place.

I tried again today and everything went well, I had no blockages, the Beta version worked normally, unlike last Wednesday and Thursday.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, reglico said:

Hello,

I just downloaded the Beta (1.7.0.188) and it crashes at launch, like the previous version last Wednesday and Thursday.

AD Beta.png

Hi, if you right click "Affinity Designer Beta" (the one at the bottom, that says 'Pas de réponse') and choose the French equivalent of 'Create dump file'.

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't looking in the right place.

I can't attach the file directly, the file address (in the TEMP folder) is not recognized. If I make a copy of the file and move it to another location on the disk, I get a message that the file no longer exists in its original folder.

I've wasted enough time with this story, I'll see if I'll have a better chance with a future version, but for now I stop getting upset about this problem, thanks for the help.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.