You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer purchased from Mac App Store issues

• Staff

Hi Ruslan Weylin,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
What do you mean with it doesn't work correctly? The Mac App Store installs the app automatically for you. What happens when you launch it? Have you moved the app from the root of the Applications folder to somewhere else?

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi Ruslan Weylin,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
What do you mean with it doesn't work correctly? The Mac App Store installs the app automatically for you. What happens when you launch it? Have you moved the app from the root of the Applications folder to somewhere else?

No, I did not move the program anywhere. I have completely deleted the program several times and cleaned the cache, but still the problem persisted. Now I will send you a picture with problems.

• Staff

Hi Ruslan Weylin,
If you still want to get a refund go to this page and follow the instruction there. Since the Mac App Store is managed by Apple itself, you have to solve this with them directly.

Those are mac system issues: bold weight font missing/localisation issues and permissions issues. Does other programs display the same issue with their name in the top menu? Have you tried restart the system first? What macOS version are you running?

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi Ruslan Weylin,
Those look like (mac) system issues: bold weight font missing and permissions issues. Does other programs display the same issue with their name in the top menu? Have you tried restart the system first? What macOS version are you running?

I pointed out when I install the trial version everything works fine. But when I install with the appstore these problems appear. All other applications work fine. I have the latest version of macOs Mojave 10.14.1

46 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Ruslan Weylin,
If you still want to get a refund go to this page and follow the instruction there. Since the Mac App Store is managed by Apple itself, you have to solve this with them directly.

Those are mac system issues: bold weight font missing/localisation issues and permissions issues. Does other programs display the same issue with their name in the top menu? Have you tried restart the system first? What macOS version are you running?

In the Appstore they say that they cannot return the payment for this purchase. And when I try to choose the option “Applications do not work properly” they send me to you - “If you have difficulty using the application, contact its developer directly, he may be able to offer a specific solution to your problem. Click the Developer Website button to go to the developer support page.” This is a vicious circle. How do I get a stable working version?

I finally figured out the problem. Understand the real reason. Maybe in the future it will be eliminated, but for now I will tell for those who may have a similar problem. I decided to create a new Mac account and then it all worked. But then I found out that the reason is in the installed fonts. Apparently the fonts replace the system font of the application and then it starts to work nekkorektno. I hope this will help those who face the same problem.