You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving or deleting pages crashes the app

• 9 months later...

Guys im having the same problem. For some reason all of a sudden my Publisher Crashes when i try to delete pages. This is on the currently released Version of Publisher!

I have an urgent Deadline for TOMORROW NOON! By 12:00 Noon (germany time) at the latest i have to submit the print data. There are 2 pages too many and i dont know what to do!! Its a large file with 48 pages and my client is having a fair. if i dont submit the print data in time, they will probably sue me or something!!

Please help me ASAP!!!

I upload the file on the link provided

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

42 minutes ago, farbenfeuer said:

Guys im having the same problem. For some reason all of a sudden my Publisher Crashes when i try to delete pages. This is on the currently released Version of Publisher!

I have an urgent Deadline for TOMORROW NOON! By 12:00 Noon (germany time) at the latest i have to submit the print data. There are 2 pages too many and i dont know what to do!! Its a large file with 48 pages and my client is having a fair. if i dont submit the print data in time, they will probably sue me or something!!

Please help me ASAP!!!

I upload the file on the link provided

Hast Du versucht, die korrekten oder korrupten Seiten ans Ende zu verschieben (u.U. nicht nötig, falls keine Paginierungen o.ä. verwendet werden) und dann ein PDF zu exportieren?

Zumindest wäre doch ein Export die Lösung (entweder einzeln oder per a-k,x-y). Ansonsten: Hat ein CTRL-Reset (beim Starten CTRL gedrückt halten) nichts gebracht?

Wir hatten kürzlich auch das Problem, aber da hatten wir die Objekte erst gelöscht und dann die Seiten. Möglicherweise auch ein Problem mit den Master-Seiten?

Wir drücken alle Daumen.

11 hours ago, Oval said:

Hast Du versucht, die korrekten oder korrupten Seiten ans Ende zu verschieben (u.U. nicht nötig, falls keine Paginierungen o.ä. verwendet werden) und dann ein PDF zu exportieren?

Zumindest wäre doch ein Export die Lösung (entweder einzeln oder per a-k,x-y). Ansonsten: Hat ein CTRL-Reset (beim Starten CTRL gedrückt halten) nichts gebracht?

Wir hatten kürzlich auch das Problem, aber da hatten wir die Objekte erst gelöscht und dann die Seiten. Möglicherweise auch ein Problem mit den Master-Seiten?

Wir drücken alle Daumen.

Hey Oval,

danke für deinen Tipp. Ich weiß nur leider nicht welche das sind. Ich hab es bei zwei oder drei Seiten probiert und jedesmal crasht er. Bei anderen Files funktionierts und hab auch versucht mit nem anderen mac und publisher und auch ohne erfolg. Liegt also definitiv an der Datei. Insofern wüsste ich jetzt auch net ob der Reset was bringen würde.

// Oval suggested to move the corrupted pages or reset the program. I told him, that i dont know which pages or part of the document are corrupted. I have tried deleting the pages with 2 different publishers on 2 different macs with the same result so the problem must lie within the document. I will proceed to try and delete all content and then see if this changes anything.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

Ok ok, i found the problem. I didn't know there was a correlation, but it happened because i had master pages applied to some of the pages and later deleted those master pages when i "cleaned up". I thought when i delete master pages they would automatically get deleted on their respective pages as well, so i never thought of it, but apparently not.

So there you go guys:

"Affinity Publisher crashes when trying to delete pages" might have to do with you having master pages applied that you already deleted. Maybe it helps the next google searcher. ;)

@MEB Maybe you should log that with the Dev team or at least make it a "known bugs/issues".

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.