henryb

Copying / Cloning & Pasting between different photos

With the clone tool you can copy a certain part of a photo and paste it to another area. Can you do the same between 2 photos?

Eg. Say I have 1 photo which I like and want to keep this one, but I have an annoying person standing in front of a relatively complex object (like a small table) and therefore hiding it. I can't use the inpainting brush tool there as AP doesn't know what's behind the man to reveal it while making him "disappear". But I have another photo taken from a similar angle & proximity of the same place - I don't want to use this photo because the first one is better - and in this second photo the man is not standing where he was in the first photo. So I would like to copy the "vacant" area from the second photo and paste it to the first photo to get this guy to disappear. So I suppose I would open each of the two photos in a different AP tab and then somehow copy the area I need from one photo to the next?

Can this be sone? How?

26 minutes ago, henryb said:

With the clone tool you can copy a certain part of a photo and paste it to another area. Can you do the same between 2 photos?

Can this be sone? How?

Yes doing what's called Global Cloaning. Here's a tutorial video showing how Global Cloaning

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, ; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel i7-4770, 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645