You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi JPSports

We do not currently read embedded fonts like some other apps do. Do you have the fonts use din PDF on your system? If not then what you are seeing is the tracking changing for the font replacement to try and fit the text into the same space. The font used in the PDF is very narrow so in another font this looks all bunched up. Using close the the original fonts installed on the system and it appears fine

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris, thanks for your reply on this topic. I have the same issue and its good to know that you dont "currently" read embedded fonts. I hope this is planned for in the R.C.? 

Also, when I import PDF's I get a thin beige/gray line through the PDF. It does not appear on the original. I had this same issue with PagePlus 9. I actually have been using QuarkXPress because of the issues of importing PDF's. But I greatly prefer your product. Unfortunately I run a newspaper and my advertisers give me ads in PDF.

So I hope you can tell me if smoothing out the PDF importer is on the docket for R.C. 1?

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. This ad came from Air Force and their national agency.

I did not design it. All I know is there are no import issues on any other program i use. I've opened in photoshop, gimp, indesign and Pageplus.

I hope that when the RC or final is done for AP, the file will be correct. It would be frustrating if every PDF file I get from agency or clients can't display or work.

Thank You

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.