You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hue-Saturation-Luminance essential improvements

Yesterday I tried to make some ajustments using affinity but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it right. There are two missing features. There isn't something like an eyedropper for selecting the color. Sometimes PS considers something as yellow when it looks green for instance. But much more importantly, there isn't any way to change the range of the color it's trying to affect. This is crucial for a lot of HSL ajustments. A lot of apps do offer the ability to adjust the HSL range. Now you can adjust only parts of an autumn leave for instance, the red channel doesn't cover everything and the yellow channel covers other things too so it's just not possible. 

Maybe you can work around this issue by using something like color range, but that limits your options to only one color and it's more work and less flexible. 

Please refer to the attached screenshot to see what I mean. 

serveimage.jpeg

You should be aware that the beta v1.7 versions of Affinity Photo address all of the HSL requests you have made.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17