You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

6 hours ago, Roger terry said:

is it possible to put a pdf into a container and wrap text around it?

Hi @Roger terry,

yes, this is possible.

1. Place the PDF in the document at (about) the size you want it to be on the page.
  2. Create a rectangle at (about) the size you want it in your layout. Make sure this rectangle is above the text layer you want to wrap around
  3. In the layers panel drag the PDF on top of the rectangle. A blue indicator below the rectangle layer shows up and just drop the PDF there. The PDF is now clipped by the rectangle.
  4. Click on the rectangle in the layers panel to make it active.
  5. On the toolbar click on the 'Show Text Wrap Settings' icon. It's the left most in this screenshot:
    1613886926_TextWrapSettings.PNG.12d838475088fb8074115017b205373c.PNG
  6. The 'Text Wrap' window shows up. There you can select one of several wrap options. They are previewed live.

I hope, you can follow this explanation.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

57 minutes ago, Fixx said:

Placed PDF behaves like any graphic, there is usually no need to play with containers. Only if you cannot find right wrap shape from PDF you better make separate wrap object.

Basically this is correct. When I tried before posting I realized that a page with text and a wide margin did not wrap at the page border but at the text block. Changing the bounding box property did not help. That's the reason why I came up with the 'container'.

Maybe I have to look into this closer and perhaps there's a bug...

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks, I worked on it last night and now I think I understand. The next problem I found is with the subject matter. A combination of words and graphic as a PDF but I can't really go smaller that 6 point in the PDF text as I think then it will be too small to read. The project is a text book