You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double Clicking To Resize Text Frame Causes Crash

If I've made a textbox slightly larger than the text in the box, if I double click on the adjustable node on the frame to get it to auto-resize the frame to the amount of text in the box (see screenshot) it crashes Publisher. Happened twice in a row now. In case it helps, the text box had 3 lines of text, each line had text with a different font.

(Edit: Just tested again, it'll crash if there are just two different fonts in the same text box)

Version 1.7.0.174

Screenshot 2018-11-21 at 11.56.59.png

Not happening here on Mac. Tried with two lines and two fonts, three lines with three fonts and two lines with one font. Resized text frame moved it around. All good. 1.7.0.17 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

My iMac has updated and restarted since yesterday; opened the same file and tried it again and it seems to be working now. However, I can root out the log files from the system library.

Seemingly relevant logs are called:

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-21-112808_Mares-iMac.wakeups_resource.diag

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-21-113204_Mares-iMac.cpu_resource.diag

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-21-113329_Mares-iMac.hang

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-21-115349_Mares-iMac.cpu_resource.diag

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-21-120713_Mares-iMac.hang

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-22-161627_Mares-iMac.wakeups_resource.diag

Which ones do you want me to attach?

Edit: Oh, and the fonts it initially crashed on was called Akkurat (Bold, Light, and Italic). I then tried again with a few system fonts (can't remember off the top of my head which I picked. It was a random choice) and it crashed with those too. However, now (today) it seems to be working. Perhaps a restart (or the latest Mojave update) helped? It was on a regular page.

• 3 weeks later...

I also had this issue (but one line of text, one font). Double-clicking any handle to resize caused a lock-up (followed by manually force-quit).

That was on an un-saved document, saving the document first seems to have worked-around the issue.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.192

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.