You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First sketches with Intuos 4

Sunset

Downloaded the latest driver and the Intuos 4 now does what it's told. There is nothing clever about these sketches except that they only took a few moments to do and it's the kind of work I've always wanted to do - but digitally instead of with nylon tipped pen. I've never drawn a cat before, but the fluidity was so good that this was easy. Now I can enjoy this!

And I'm learning Mac for the first time too....  :)

Catwoman 1.pdf

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Thanks, MEB.

My Intuos 4 is about 4 years old, there is a CD with version 6.1.2 on it but that wasn't practical so I downloaded the latest version from the Wacom website and it works perfectly.

Before I thought to search for a download I could use the Intuos 4 but the lag was painful, downloading 8.3.8-2 driver got rid of any lag completely. I haven't even looked at the possible settings and tweaks yet, but to cross the screen diagonally I don't even have to 'scroll' with the stylus, it's just one movement, and it is handling detail just as easily.

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

Thanks again :) You have both encouraged me greatly to continue.

My Flickr Album

• Staff

Definitely don´t stop there.

Hand sketched drawings are trending again. Just take a look at some stock image/illustration websites.

Your style is great. It has a vintage vibe that's becoming very valued nowadays (the girl at left). And if you're enjoying doing it... is there any better reason to keep going?

Oh - before I converted that page to a PDF the cat was sensible colours of black, grey and white, the PDF has made him look very ill! I'll attach the original and see if that is still in greys and whites, when I open up the Mac a little later.

I wonder why it changed colour????

My Flickr Album

You are right - when I was working on a document the previous night I had changed the document to RGB and the next new documnet must have retained that, and I never checked. :)

Now I just have to fathom how to get the pressure effects with the Intuos 4 stylus - I know it works in other programs on the Mac, but at the moment in Affinity every line is the same, no matter how much or little pressure I apply, so that is tonight's project.

My Flickr Album

Ooh, excited now, can't wait till after tea..........................   :) :) :D

(I had tried the help file, but I could only get the pressure chart)

My Flickr Album