You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.7.0.184

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Export file type icons using low resolution images
  • Fixed clipped Grid Settings button
  • Added missing Voronoi filter
  • Fixed Construction Snapping buttons not showing correctly
  • Fixed View modes (Pixel, Retina and Outline) buttons
  • Added missing Isometric panel
  • Fixed crash when closing application in Export Persona with multiple documents open 
  • Fixed crash at startup when loading existing workspaces
  • Fixed sporadic crash when opening Edit menu after copying document items to clipboard
  • Fixed Installer to not specify the text for 'Open' shell entry
  • Improved Freehand import by allowing some unknown tags to be ignored, rather than failing the import
  • Fixed Colour panel Colour Picker being offset for some multiple monitor configurations
  • Fixed modifier keys not being shown for tool shortcut in tooltips
  • Improved HSL Add and Subtract modes

The 1.7.0 feature list is in the first 1.7 download announcement here

6 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Hi,
Smooth installation, as usual for me.

Is it possible to save workspaces ? I did not know and I can not find how to save... ??
Thanks,

Patrick

It does it automatically. I actually have a better fix for this now, as it will still crash in a different location now. I'd be interested in receiving anyone's workspace files who is experiencing a crash at startup, or crash when pressing shortcut key.

• Staff

To all readers PLEASE DONT report bugs in the update threads unless they are about installing the software.

@JFisher & @Chris B please split all these replies off into threads

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Any reason the beta version number is never part of the download aka the file names? - IMO using affinity-photo-customer-beta-1.7.0.184.exe would be much more meaningful, especially in terms of the higher actual fluctuation of beta version downloads.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks Mark,

HSL ADD/Subtract is what I am after ::)

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

The long awaited update !!!:D

How did you improved the X-Trans support ? I don't see any difference when opening a RAF file on 1.6 ou 1.7 Beta... As a Fuji Owner, I'm really interested in this part....

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Hi C_Calmes

To load Affinity and 22.15mb compressed RAF file for me .

1.6  30sec

1.7  13sec.

I would call that  a significant difference/improvement!

However Develop seems to take longer in 1.7 ?

Have you tried the C1 v12 Beta gives fuji film simulations and after developing it can open the file in Affinity to continue editing.

New Affinity Beta updated perfectly.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

6 hours ago, mapline said:

Hi C_Calmes

To load Affinity and 22.15mb compressed RAF file for me .

1.6  30sec

1.7  13sec.

I would call that  a significant difference/improvement!

Yes... this is an improvement... But I was expecting a better converter that could avoid the use of Iridient X-Transformer. A RAF file opened in On1 Photo RAW or Exposure X4 is really sharper than in Affinity Photo.

What is the C1 v12 Beta you're talking about ?

System : i5 6600 QuadCore 3.3GHz, Gigabyte Z170 HD3 DDR4, 32 Gb DDR Ballistix Sport LT, MSI Aero ITX GTX 1050Ti, Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Ha ok... I already use Capture One Express Fuji. Great. But I would have been really happy to have a one app workflow.

Also, the 1.7 beta seems to be a bit buggy for the moment... So maybe next