You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.7.0.184

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Export file type icons using low resolution images
  • Fixed clipped Grid Settings button
  • Fixed Construction Snapping buttons not showing correctly
  • Fixed View modes (Pixel, Retina and Outline) buttons
  • Added missing Isometric panel
  • Fixed crash when closing application in Export Persona with multiple documents open 
  • Fixed crash at startup when loading existing workspaces
  • Fixed sporadic crash when opening Edit menu after copying document items to clipboard
  • Fixed Installer to not specify the text for 'Open' shell entry
  • Fixed incorrect lookup in Glyph Browser for some glyphs
  • Changed Glyph Browser padlock icon to a link, to better reflect usage
  • Improved Freehand import by allowing some unknown tags to be ignored, rather than failing the import
  • Fixed Colour panel Colour Picker being offset for some multiple monitor configurations
  • Fixed modifier keys not being shown for tool shortcut in tooltips
  • Improved HSL Add and Subtract modes

The 1.7.0 feature list is in the first 1.7 download announcement here

Using 1.7.0.184 the 8 selection handles aren't showing. I have reinstalled, rebooted - no better. Tried ctrl launch and reset everything - no better. Items can be resized and moved - you just have to guess where the selection handles are. I'm not sure if this problem happened immediately after installation. After installation I imported an assets file from a previous version of AD and it immediately crashed. Since then the selection handles have gone awol.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Here it also shows handles and boundingboxes again after tabbing.

This beta now shows the isometric panel-option in the studio-menu (it wasn't showing here on the previous beta), but when clicking it's not activating nor showing. I tried it with grid on isometric and with and without 'create plane set' checked. So it's not working here without clearing cache/settings/etc. as far as I can tell. In another thread I read about checkboxes to clear settings for this to work. I feel a little silly but can't find these checks in the UI. Where can we find these checkboxes in the interface? Or do we really need to clear the cache-files in app data on disc somewhere?

30 minutes ago, wigglepixel said:

Here it also shows handles and boundingboxes again after tabbing.

This beta now shows the isometric panel-option in the studio-menu (it wasn't showing here on the previous beta), but when clicking it's not activating nor showing. I tried it with grid on isometric and with and without 'create plane set' checked. So it's not working here without clearing cache/settings/etc. as far as I can tell. In another thread I read about checkboxes to clear settings for this to work. I feel a little silly but can't find these checks in the UI. Where can we find these checkboxes in the interface? Or do we really need to clear the cache-files in app data on disc somewhere?

Start the app while pressing control.

Je moet het maar weten :D

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Hello. Layer Effects (at least Outer Shadow) make this layer and effect rasterised in exported PDF. I think that a few versions ago, export worked well.

Of course, I have advanced features allowed.

(I cannot enclose the file publicly)

47 minutes ago, MickRose said:

I'm pretty sure that Layer Effects have always been rasterised when making a PDF. They are continuous tone images so they can't really be anything else.

I agree that the effect itself have probably always been rasterised when making a PDF. But the layer (or group) that the effect is applied to should not be rasterised, but is. I really think that it worked a few months ago.

3 hours ago, nezumi said:

If I clean/reset options (by starting with ctrl and choosing "all") - will it only affect beta or stable as well? I wouldn't want to wipe out all that I have in stable by mistake...

The options for the beta programs are separate from those for the released versions, therefore a resetting the beta affects only the beta.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The trick to create a 2nd document and then close it (without saving) works for a moment only.

When I work with the pen tool and change the line width or add a segment, the object handles are gone again. Then I can only move the mouse blind.

Please correct this fatal bug.

Pinnochio

On 11/21/2018 at 12:59 PM, MickRose said:

To show the handles you can create a 2nd document and then close it (without saving).

AFD needs to be sure YOU REALLY want to do sth serious with it ))

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM